Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013 Events

No matter what, every year January always seems slim to me on pictures.  Needless to say, this year followed suit.  

One of our good friends from church always gives the kids presents for Christmas and every now and then will surprise them with treats.  This year for Christmas she gave the kids play-doh and the girls some fun purse craft books and Rex some matchbox cars.  They were due for some new play-doh and they spent hours playing with it!
One night I asked the kids to clean up the living room so I could vacuum.  One of them asked if they could vacuum and I gladly let them each have their own turn.  They were pretty proud of themselves.  Lets just hope this excitedness of vacuuming lasts!!
And for Christmas this year I got a portrait lens for my camera as a gift.  I'm not a professional by any means nor do I ever think I will be.  However I do enjoy every now and then trying my hand at a little bit of photography.  So the kids enjoy being my subjects a time or two. 
I didn't take this picture to show off my kids rears...I just thought it was so cute seeing all three of them sitting so content and enjoying themselves while watching tv.  I wish I had gotten a picture of them from the front but I'm sure if I had, then they would have moved before I could snap the picture!
The first weekend in January Quentin and Natalie joined us for a weekend visit.  I think this was the first time they had seen our house so the kids were excited to show Brady their rooms and Rex was ecstatic for another boy close to his age to play Choo-Choos with him all weekend!  We all went to the play place at the mall for the kids to play.  It made me a little bit anxious, but the kids had a blast playing together!
Moments like this just make my heart melt into a million pieces.  Here Nick is building legos with the kids on a Sunday evening.  They seriously played for at least an hour almost building things.  
Once a month Parents as Teachers does an activity at Rebound gymnastics and my kids love it!  Cora will only get to go a few more times this year as next year she will be in kindergarten.  Here is a picture of my two monkeys!
Anytime I pull the camera out to snap a picture of Rex and Kayley is in the room, she automatically jumps at the chance to get in the picture with him. 
So I mentioned earlier that Rex has a certain pair of PJ's that he wears a white t-shirt underneath and when he takes the top shirt off he says he's like Daddy with his white shirt on.  He wanted to take a picture of himself to send to Daddy at work when he had his white shirt on like him. 
Rex wanted to wear my sunglasses when we were waiting to pick up "KayKee" (as he calls her right now) from school.  
Mrs. Julie gave Rex a Lightening McQueen coloring book and he immediately was hard at work coloring in it! 
Michelle and I with only 2 1/2 weeks left to go!  We were both so ready!
Kayley with her class for the 100th day of school.  Her teacher absolutely loves owls and I think their 100 hats look like owls!! :) 
And Cora and Rex get some time alone to themselves in the morning before Cora goes to school at 12:15.  They have learned to play quite well together and it's very cute!

No comments: