Friday, February 1, 2013

Welcome Jase Judson Bell

So we woke up super early Friday, February 1st, 2013 to get ready to go deliver our new baby.  My mom had come up the night before so she could stay with the kids while we were at the hospital.  That night before we had fun eating out with Mom at Taco John's.  Well we picked it up and took it home to eat.  We got to the hospital and signed in and the front desk lady of the labor and delivery girl recognized us from when we had Rex there I believe.  She joked about us being regulars there, which is pretty true as we've had Cora, Rex, and now Jase there.   When they got me to the floor they had to start an IV to get fluids going and then start my pitocin drip to induce labor.  The charge nurse that was finishing up on night shift was the one to do my IV and boy did it hurt.  I was glad I opted to do the lidocaine shot before she started my IV.  Then the shift changed and we got a super nice nurse who had a 4 month baby at home so it was fun to swap stories and tips, etc.  Ironically I had just bought a new diaper bag and she said she had the same one and loved it.  I got my epidural pretty early like around 8:30 or 9.  I usually like to get my epidural later so I can still get up and go to the bathroom but time wouldn't allow that based on when the anesthsiologist was on the floor.  I was hoping to get the same one I had had with Cora and Rex as I always had good ones with them.  I was even prepared for Nick to leave the room as that one always had him leave.  However this time I got a different one and his name was Slade.  I thought that was a very interesting and different name.  He let Nick stay in the room and boy am I glad he did!  He started injecting me and it hurt like the dickens.  Obviously he was in the wrong spot so he pulled out and tried again and it was worse pain!  The third time he finally got it right but I thought for sure that was it, that he was paralyzing me!  The epidural was fine but our baby was slow to coming so the nurse kept trying to get me to shift and lay in different positions to get the baby to crown better.  After a number of times of doing that it was finally time to push.  Pushing wasn't so bad until the baby's head was half way through.  I don't know if my epidural had worn off or if the baby was just that big but man it hurt!  I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish pushing and that the pain was just going to last forever!  But alas our baby came out and the doctor said it was a boy!  I immediately looked at the baby and said, no that's not a boy, it's a Rex!!  Jase looked identical to Rex when he was first born it was scary!  But we had a healthy 7 lb 13 oz and 20 1/2 in long baby boy!  We knew his name was going to be Jase, but we hadn't decided on a middle name yet.  The nurse immediately put him on my chest while they were cleaning him off and he just had the cutest little cry.  They finished cleaning him and getting me ready to move to post pardum floor. 
Such a healthy little boy!  Jase Judson Bell arrived at 12:32pm on Friday, February 1st, 2013 weighing in at 7lbs and 13oz and 20 1/2 in long.  
So I decided to try and put a picture of each of the kids when they were first born to see how the resembled each other.  I think they ironically resemble each other when they are crying.  
My Mom quickly brought the kids up to the hospital to see their new brother.  Sadly we as a family had been battling all kinds of sickies before Jase was born.  So we had the girls wear masks just to be safe and not to pass any sickness onto Jase.  Rex was so funny because he kept thinking we had a girl in our diaper bag.  I think he got confused since we always asked him if he wanted a boy or a girl baby.  I guess he thought that meant he was getting one of each so he kept saying the girl baby was in my diaper bag. 
Jase had many visitors at the hospital.  Grandpa Bell, the Felkers, and of course Grandma Jani who so willingly helped watch the older three kids so Nick could stay with me at the hospital.  My kids had a blast with Grandma Jani.  They made brownies, red lots of books, played games, and of course spent lots of time at the hospital cuddling their new baby brother!
The Walkers also came to meet Jase.  Baby Lydia was born three days before Jase so Grandma Bell had two new grandbabies within 3 days.  Grandma Jani also had two new grandbabies within 3 days, but we didn't get to go see baby Rachel in the hospital because as mentioned earlier, we were still battling sickness and it seemed to get worse once we got home so we didn't want to pass it to her.  Jani even got sick before even meeting Baby Rachel so she had to come back later to see her when she was healthier.
Here are some of our first family pictures and the pictures we took before heading home now as a family of 6!
Our 4 wonderful children!  The kids wanted to go on a date with Daddy while we were in the hospital so he took them to the dollar store to pick out a new toy for Jase.  Kayley had the idea to get Jase a soft football for Jase because of his namesake Judson who loved the game of football.  We were so honored that Jessica and JT allowed us to use Judson's name.  Ironically without sounding too weird, the date of my LMP for when I was pregnant with Jase was actually Judson's birthday 04/27/12.  So when Judson passed later that year in June one of my first thoughts was how perfect it would be to name our child after Judson if we had a boy.  When Jase was born and we found out he was a boy, within a few hours of him being born Nick suggested we used Judson as a middle name and then once we asked Jessica and JT it was official.  I just hope that Jase can live up to his name and honor Judson by living a great life by helping others naturally, living the Gospel, being a good brother, a good son, a great friend, and the many other things that Judson was.  How blessed we feel for Jessica and JT allowing Jase to carry on such a wonderful name.

No comments: