December was a holiday fun-filled month! I just love the spirit of Christmas with little kids. Makes me remember how fun Christmas time was when I was a kid.
One of Jessica's friends made Dylan a football hat with Judson's football number on it. I instantly fell in love with it and she willingly made one for Rex. He just loves his "Judson hat" and so do I!
I was fishing around trying to find some clothes for Rex in his 3T box of clothes and came across some PJ's that are definitely 2T size for him anyway. He was just so excited to wear them and the girls wanted to take pictures with him. The cutest part is I usually have him wear a white t-shirt under the shirt and when we take the PJ shirt off he says he's just like Daddy with a white t-shirt on!And another thing I love about my kids is still being able to match the girls and try and coordinate with Rex. They got to match their outfits quite a bit as we traveled for church a few Sundays in a row with family. I snapped some pictures of them before church.
I try to meet Kayley once a week or so for lunch at school. If it were up to her I'd eat lunch with her everyday. Here's a pic of her at lunch one day this month.
Rex is getting so grown up. He absolutely loves his nursery class! I would love to be a fly on the wall in the class. This is a picture one of the nursery leaders sent to me of him during snack time. Every Sunday he just can't wait until Sacrament meeting is over so he can go to nursery.
This has started to become a tradition in our house of making gingerbread houses as a family. I never did this growing up but my kids just love it! This year we decided to do a homemade one and see how creative we are. It didn't stay together as well as a gingerbread house kit, but the kids still loved putting it together. Rex just loved eating the candy!!
We also had our first snow day of the season this month. The kids were SO excited to see the snow and get to play in it. Rex actually stayed in the snow for a long time this year. He wanted to take his cars out in the snow and he just drove them around the snow..they must have had 4 wheel drive!
Kayley and Cora still love the snow and would stay out forever if I'd let them! Snow angels, snow ball fights, and attempts at building a snow man! They had a blast!Then we all came inside, drank hot chocolate to warm up and then baked some cookies. Later in the evening the kids iced them and had a blast. I caught Rex eating all the icing of course! He's our candy boy for sure!
Then the weekend right before Christmas we went to Willard with all of Nick's family. It seems to get crazier and crazier the more kids everyone has but we all have fun spending time together and the kids have a blast playing with each other! Typically we all go out to eat for breakfast and Mooma treats for everyone's birthdays for the year. This year we did it a little bit different and met at Incredible Pizza for lunch. I have to admit, I was really sad we weren't doing breakfast because I LOVE breakfast food, especially buffet style! But the kids had a lot of fun playing at Incredible pizza's play/game area.
The gift tradition is for the cousins to swap names and then we do an adult gift swap and Grandma usually gets all the kids a present. Here we are trying to get all the kids to sit quietly while they wait to open up their presents.
Simon says seemed to do the trick...Shannon got put in the bunch and she obviously wasn't participating in the simon says!
Then our first Christmas in our new house. I have to admit I was so excited to have Christmas in our new house and get it all decorated...so much so that I had the house decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving...except for the tree of course. For some reason we must have forgotten to do pictures of hanging stockings the night before Christmas. We got video of them though. Christmas morning is always so fun for me to see the looks on their faces.
Got some good shots of Cora and Kayley's faces from presents they were excited about on the bottom here. Kayley really wanted a Caroline American Girl book set and Cora really wanted the cooker set. Rex of course wanted more Choo-Choos and they were all very pleased with what Santa brought for them. Grandpa Bell joined us for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and the kids had a blast with him there. It was a great Christmas in our new house.
Then after Christmas we went to Mom and Otto's house to play with cousins. Nick wasn't able to get off work so the kids and I just went and stayed one night. My kids had a blast playing with their cousins nonstop though. The Realls, us, the Farmington Felkers, and the other Felkers were all there. It was lots of fun! It would have only been more fun if the Sanders, Carles, and Andersons could have joined us! Maybe in a perfect world!
Then at the end of December I finally hit 35 weeks with this pregnancy. Time is ticking and before we know it, this baby will be joining our family!










No comments:
Post a Comment