Friday, November 30, 2012

November Events

November was probably my favorite month out of all the last couple of 9 months (it was 9 months ago we started the whole sell our home/buy a new home process).  We have never felt so blessed, well with the exceptions of when each of our children were born.  But seriously this whole process was definitely led by Heavenly Father and it has been neat to look back and see all the tender mercies.  I always had an internal goal when we listed our house for sale to have the house sold and be moved into a new house by the time our baby was to be born February 1st.  I also thought how nice it would be to have everything finished by the holidays.  One huge tender mercy or maybe miracle that did occur was just that, we were able to move in November 7th!  Plenty of time to get unpacked before Thanksgiving even...I was just thinking Christmas would be nice!
And of course we had lots of help once again from our great family that lives nearby!  And this time around we had people from our ward come and help unload as we unloaded all our stuff from our storage pod.  Here's a collection of pictures from around the moving day.  Kayley actually had her music program at school that day so timing of everything was a bit crazy, but we were able to figure it all out!
Here's a cute picture of a book Kayley made in her class.  I thought it was cute what she said was the definition of being grounded.  I'm sure she won't think the definition is the same when she's older and actually has to be grounded...but let's hope that doesn't have to happen!
Then Shannon and John were our first guests in our new home as John had some work to do up here about a week after we had moved in.  It gave me the incentive to unpack quicker (hard to get incentive sometimes when you are 7 months pregnant at this point.)  But we all met up with Michelle and Kendall and Randy at Bass Pro for a visit with Santa and dinner.  The kids had a blast and we loved that it wasn't busy at all.  They got right up to see Santa and Santa got to spend some quality time listening to each kid on what they wanted for Christmas.  It was fun!
Here are my kids seeing Santa Claus...again he was great to fully listen to what they wanted.  Rex wasn't scared a bit with Santa surprisingly!
The Walkers and the Huffords visiting with Santa.  No one cried for Santa here either, a rarity! 
 And the workers and Santa were really nice to let us bring all the kids in and get pictures of them altogether!  I actually got one of them all pretty much looking and smiling!
Another perk of us going in November, the wonderland toys all still worked!  Rex adored the Choo-Choo table and it was very difficult to get him to leave it!  It's so cute to see how much he loves them!
One of our friends from church had a baby in November and they came over to welcome us to the neighborhood as our neighborhoods connect to one another.  Cora got to get her baby fix in with Baby Kona.  She is so ready for a new baby in the house!
The Bradfields are a family that lived across the street from Jan and John back when we all lived in Columbia.  Brett became a convert and then they moved and within a few years, his wife Cristy also became a member.  The third weekend in November Nick and I were able to attend their family's sealing in the Kansas City Temple.  What a wonderful experience this was to be able to see the joy the sealing brought to this sweet family.  It is always a reminder of how blessed I am to be married in the temple to Nick and to know that our family is an eternal family.
The first grade at Kayley's school did a Thanksgiving feast this year.  Sarah was kind enough to just hang out at our house for the day as Cora's school also did a Thanksgiving feast.  So I pretty muched hopped from school to school.  I cooked stuffing for Cora's school and had to have that dropped off at a certain time.  I made one of the turkeys for Kayley's school and had to have that dropped off at a certain time.  Then I volunteered at both schools to serve the feast.  It went very smoothly and I loved being able to spend time with both of them at their feasts.  I only got pictures of Kayley's feast though and forgot to snap a pic at Cora's feast.  They both had a lot of fun though!
Also this month I hit 30 weeks.  I have felt very blessed throughout this pregnancy.  Considering all we have been through with moving out of the new house, moving into the apartment, and then moving into the new house, I haven't had as many aches and pains as I thought I would have physically.  Or the pains I have had, I've been able to manage.  We had many ups and downs with Rex having high amounts of fluids, but this baby has been perfect.  I hope the baby continues to be perfect when he/she arrives!
And this is just a cute shot of Rex after he had some Nutella.  I never had Nutella growing up and honestly I'm not a die hard fan.  But Cora and Rex like it with teddy grahams.  I just always have to prep myself for a mess such as this!

No comments: