October was another crazy month for us, but with us moving, what month hasn't been crazy?! Here is what we did:
The girls had their well checks. They were all where they needed to be. Rex's well check was back in July, but I forgot to put his stats up so they got put up here with the girls.
Sarah put together a bunch of fun play dates with the warm weather. The month of October we went to the Lee's Summit Fire Department and did a tour. Rex loved it as he loves cars and trucks! Cora had pajama day that day at school, so she looked like she just rolled out of bed.
Kayley's teacher is always so great at sending me pics. Here are some of spirit week, which I could not get Kayley to participate in at all! Top left are the nerds and top right are the non-nerds that dressed up for Nerd Day. Bottom left is of Kayley doing a project at school. I ate lunch with her this day and she was so excited to tell me she was the captain of the girls team!
Also in the month of October we have the semi-annual General Conference. It's so nice to get to watch it in the luxury of our own home. Here is Rex and Cora working on their conference packets and lounging in their PJ's.
I very rarely go to Hobby Lobby, but Rex was so cute one day and wanted to hold the shopping basket.
I've tried to learn little by little how to use my new camera. I still don't know all it's capabilities. However the kids and I had fun doing a little photo shoot. Here are Kayley's pictures.
Cora's pictures...it was very windy that day and her hair seemed to be flying in her face the most!Rex's pictures. It was hard to get him to 1) look at the camera and 2) to smile...very difficult to do those two things at once! Either way, he's cute!
Pictures of them together! I just love my kids! They really did have fun doing these. The girls were great helpers with Rex. He got distracted very easily!
And of course their favorite pictures were the silly faced pictures! And only got a few of Kayley and Cora...but I just love that they are such great buddies!
We attended Audrey and Lauren's soccer games. They really enjoy the sport. Cora is very excited to start soccer this next fall when she starts kindergarten.
I hit 25 weeks. At this point in my pregnancy my headaches are pretty much happening everyday. Thank goodness for Excedrin Tension Headache and Sudafed. Pretty much have to take these everyday. Other than that, I feel pretty good!
Audrey turned 7 years old. The kids had a blast celebrating together!
One thing I was shocked about was amidst all the chaos we have been through in the last couple of months with moving, we actually carved pumpkins before Halloween this year! Usually on a normal year we end up carving them afterwards for various reasons. And on top of it all Kayley actually got her hands dirty this year and helped get the pumpkin guts out. Grandpa came and joined us, which the kids loved. We love having him so close where he can come over and participate in many activities with us. Kayley and Cora did a regular jack o lantern pumpkin and since Rex loves Choo-Choos so much Daddy carved one out for him in the other pumpkin. He loved it!Our ward had their Halloween party, which is always fun. Randy also joined us for part of that. Nick however missed it all because he was on call. But the kids still had fun. Kayley was Pocahontas, Cora was Dorothy, and Rex was supposed to be Mater from Cars, but anytime anyone asked him what he was going to be for Halloween he would say a Choo-Choo. So I remembered we had some blue overalls and found a hat at a thrift store that would look like a train conductor's hat and he went as a Train Conductor (or a Choo-Choo according to him).
Then over a long weekend of Parent Teacher Conferences we got together with the Walkers to go to the zoo. It was actually a very cold day (far and few between this fall/early winter). The kids had a blast. We ventured to the Africa side, which Michelle and I actually made it through the whole thing! :) After that we went to the Bird room/Discovery Barn for the kids to play on the indoor slide. Rex did not like the Parakeets, who were ridiculously loud (demonstrated by the upper right picture).
Then here are a collection of pictures from the end of October. Our Stake Conference was this month and the kids wanted to go to the Visitor's Center. It had been a while since we had been and they got to go with Daddy this time and loved it. Then just a couple other cute pictures of Rex enjoying an apple and wearing Gator gear.Kayley's school Halloween party was lots of fun. Nick was able to attend Cora's party and Rex and I went to Kayley's party. Rex loved being able to be involved with Kayley and her party. Her friends love to see Rex and have him come.
Then finally we ended the month with trick or treating for Halloween. The Felkers joined us and we went to our old neighborhood since we were currently living in our apartment. Sadly enough Cora came home from school the day before throwing up. All day on Halloween she acted fine and didn't throw up anymore so we thought we were in the clear. However, a couple days later, Lauren sadly got it.
















No comments:
Post a Comment