Monday, April 19, 2010

28 weeks

Wow! I can't believe I'm already at 28 weeks! I guess that means I'm officially in the third trimester...crazy!! There are times when I can't wait to be finished being pregnant and then other times where I am just fine with this little guy cooking just a little bit longer! I've actually been feeling pretty good lately. Some pains I've had in the past that have plagued me all day/everday have subsided and only seem to come back every now and then, I assume maybe just when he's growing lots?!? Also a good thing, my headaches have started to subside some. I still have them, but lately they haven't been everyday like before. I think last week I only had 3-4! I still feel huge!! I think part of it is because I've forgotten what it feels like to be pregnant maybe? I have an appointment in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to check if my placenta previa has corrected itself...I'm still kind of nervous about that as if it hasn't it increases my odds of having a c-section (one of my biggest fears of labor/delivery), but I'm trying not to stress about it too much. I'm sure it will be fine whatever the case! I also had to take my sugar test twice (luckily only the hour one twice!) reason being because the lab messed up my results somehow....grr!! I'm just glad I didn't have to do the tolerance test that's 4 hours long and you have to drink 4 of those nasty drinks, plus you have to do it fasting! I had to do that with Kayley and it was awful! One of my favorite things now is that for some reason Kayley constantly says, "Mommy, you're pretty!" Just what a pregnant momma needs to hear!

It still amazes me what your body is capable of when pregnant and what such a privilege it is for me to be able to have this experience, even amongst all the aches/pains! I'm very grateful to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings I have with being a parent and having this experience! I know my family is only mine if I do what He wants me to do in raising them correctly! I'm glad that Heavenly Father has trusted me with caring for my sweet children!

This picture was actually taken by Kayley...I think she did a pretty good job! One of their favorite things to do lately is to take pictures with my old camera. Someday I'll have to post them to show off their camera skills! I actually let them take one picture of me with my new camera, but that is now off limits so it doesn't get broken!!

7 comments:

caruthers_fam said...

Colton, you look so cute and tiny when you're pregnant! I can hardly believe you're that far along!

Sheri said...

Wohoo for 28 weeks! I will be 28 weeks on Saturday, and I look bigger than you. :( I feel like a whale.

I had placenta previa too! They're pretty sure it's resolved itself though. I had to go into triage at 24 weeks for some bleeding and they did another ultrasound then, where they said the placenta has moved up some.

Weird how similar our pregnancies have been!

Katie Reall said...

You look smashingly wonderful my dear Coco! :) You do look wonderful and I hope the placenta previa takes care of itself. Thinking about cutting my hair like yours this week....Hope you're feeling good today!

Evan and Jamie said...

You look so cute! Your family is beautiful! I hope the placenta previa works out how you want, but don't stress too much if they say you have to have a c-section. I don't (personally) think they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be! Good luck!

Jennifer said...

You look great! :) And I agree with the last comment about the c-sections. I had to get an emergency one with Cayden and I was relieved with how much easier it was after compared to what I had heard. Everyone makes them out to be horrible and they're not. :) Good luck though!

Lisa R said...

You really do look great!!! I would never guess you are 26 weeks already! I hope the migraines go away, I know what that is like! Your blog is great! I enjoy all the cute pics and video's!

Miss L said...

Hooray for 28 weeks...last week! You're one week closer. :) Hang in there and I hope you feel better (headaches) and everything works out with that ol' placenta. :)