Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yearly Appointments

Ok...I have been behind a lot lately on posting...so I'll hopefully be posting quite a few posts to catch up! Anyway, this is a picture of the girls and their yearly appointment back in September. I knew that they would hopefully both be able to get the flu shot, but I couldn't remember if either one of them were due for any vaccinations or not. We prepped the girls letting them know that they might be getting some shots. Nick and I had already put the girls to bed and Nick heard Kayley crying, very quietly. He went in and found out that she was crying because she was scared to go the doctor. So Nick decided to try and pinch Kayley to help her get prepped on how it would feel. That seemed to calm her down at least until we got there.

Cora was first and did great! She only had to have the flu shot and of course cried for that, but she usually cries when the doctor checks her out with the stethoscope and she didn't cry a bit, she even laughed with him when he was being funny. Then we had to do a finger stick to check her lead and she did not even cry the whole time! I was really impressed with her!

Kayley was next. She did fine with the stethoscope, etc part. She also had fun with our doctor as well when he would joke with her. However when the nurse came in with the box of shots she went bilistic! She had to have all of her kindergarten shots PLUS her flu shot! She doesn't start school until a little less than 2 years from now, but they suggested her getting them now as it would be easier to hold her down, etc! She had to have a total of 5 shots! Then we also had to get her finger stuck as well which you can imagine was also interesting as she screamed the whole time!

Needless to say, the appointment went well and all was well with both the girls. They both got to go to the store to pick out a toy for being so brave. Kayley did get to pick out a more expensive one since she was hit with 5 shots at once. Poor thing was limping for about 2 days after the appointment. I felt bad for her. I'm just glad that we are good for another year!

This was another incentive for them to get through the doctor...to be able to see Ashlyn & Preston!

1 comment:

mshaw said...

Anna limped around for a couple days. I prepped her for the shots and she tolerated them but it was the other stuff she wouldn't let them do. It is hard to watch, I hope they don't remember being held down when they are older.