Saturday, October 24, 2009

Audrey's Birthday Party

Almost 2 weeks ago Audrey had her Dorothy Birthday Party in Columbia. It was so much fun and Sarah did such a great job planning it! Kayley was beside herself with it being a Dorothy party! With me being a doof, I completely forgot about it being Dorothy themed and forgot to have Kayley wear her dress...so I'm not sure how she did it, but she bribed sweet Lauren to let her wear her Dorothy dress. Luckily Lauren is young enough and found another dress-up dress and fit right in with the other cousins that were dressed up! The decorations were so cute! Sarah made a great cake with a yellow brick road on it and a homemade pinata of a rainbow, a painting of the wicked witch, painting of a tinman, a huge apple tree cutout, homemade witches brooms, a cute, cute set up/display of the wicked witch of the east! It was so cute! Here are all the pictures from it!

This is of the decorations and of Audrey's cake.
The Apple Tree throwing game.
The witch race game.
The wicked witch/melting game with water balloon throwing to melt her. Pin the heart on the Tin Man game. Hot ToTo game as well.

The Rainbow Pinata.

The walking puzzle board...Sarah had each game set up to receive a clue at the end to a piece of the puzzle. Nick was our puzzle board and the puzzle made a picture of the Wicked Witch of the East. She had it by the side of their house just like the house had fallen on top of her like in the movie. Of course Dorothy's shoes were there...so the kids had to go find Dorothy to give her her shoes.

Dorothy is here!! The kids were so cute and couldn't believe Dorothy was actually here! Audrey and Kayley loved it! Kayley followed Dorothy around like a sick puppy!

Then we had yummy cake and then presents! It was a great party! Then ironically that night we went out to eat at El Maguey's with Nick's cousin who was in town and there was a couple that showed up dressed as the Tin Man and the Scarecrow! Kayley was beside herself, but wasn't brave enough to take a picture with them...so I got a pic of them from far away. That's them in the lower left hand corner. It was a fun day!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

What fun!

I'm sad that the pictures don't get bigger when I click on them, though. :(

Sheri said...

What fun!

I'm sad that the pictures don't get bigger when I click on them, though. :(

Jaya said...

What a day! That Sarah is quite the talented booger! :) Ah what mothers do to keep them youngin's happy! Thanks for all the pics and info - looks like a blast. My kids would have loved to be there! Your little girls are adorable!

Mary Anderson said...

That looks like SO much fun! I wish that we could have been there too!