
Well, Nick and I have great reason to be very proud parents this week. Cora has pretty much been potty-trained this week. For journaling purposes, on Saturday, July 18th, we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and Cora kept telling us she needed to go potty...well lately she has gone potty and squeezed her cheeks so hard that a little spec of poop has come out...it was pretty cute, but we tried to make a big deal of it. On the way out of the store, she kept insisting that she go potty, so reluctantly I took her as I was fully expecting her to do the same as above. Well to my surprise, she went the full round in going potty. I was so excited and we made a huge deal about it. I honestly didn't think I was ready to try potty training, especially on the weekend with errands on Sat and church/nursery on Sunday cause we're just barely getting her to go to nursery without fussing! So Monday, July 20th we went full force into wearing underwears...her special elmo underwears that she picked out about 3 months ago. She took to #1 very quickly and only had 3 total accidents that day, one being #2...not so fun as we all know! :) Then the next day only 2 accidents, one also being #2, Wednesday a repeat of Tuesday. At this point I'm tired of cleaning ickies out of her underwears. Both of our kids are pretty regular so I kept trying to catch her in the act, but something would always be in the way (cleaning dinner or the next night they were just playing so nicely together I didn't want to disturb that) so I thought that suckers may do the trick or at least it was worth a shot. So on Thursday, July 23rd I showed her how I could go #2 (as a mother I'm already used to having my kids in the bathroom with me!) and then I got myself a sucker for going poopie in the potty...GO MOM!! :) Then it was cute b/c Kayley immediately then sat on the toilet and tried to push on her belly to go poop to get a sucker. She even would run around the house to try and work some poop out. Then later that evening it happened...Cora pooped in the potty!! I about cried!! Cora of course was ecstatic since she was now able to get a sucker!
So, I think she broke Kayley's record in potty training in 4 days as Kayley was 1 1/2 weeks. We have yet to go poopy again in the potty, but it's only been one day, so I'm hoping that this a trend and we are almost officially free of diapers. We still do bed time and nap time with diapers just to be safe, but I think as of next week we will be ready to drop those too as she's been waking up dry the last few days! We are really proud of our Cora and the accomplishment she has made. She is also very proud of herself as she still claps when she goes potty. Then we all say "Yeah Cora!" She then replies with a "Yeah Me!" It sure is cute to see her so proud of herself! If we knew all our kids were going to be this easy in potty training, we'd have bunches of kids!! :)
6 comments:
Congrats to Cora!! I am so so jealous! Maybe a trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart would do the trick for us to!!!
WOW ... I'm impressed! It has gradually gotten easier for us. Todd was 3 1/2 potty training and he did #2 everyday twice a day in his underwear! I just about gave up. Phillip was sooner and easier. Grant Potty trained himself right AT 2.
I hear that girls are MUCH ealier and easier ... I'm banking on that next summer!
Way to go Cora!
I'm totally giving myself suckers when I use the potty to go poop! That's so awesome. You're a great example Colton. I'm sure I'll come to you with questions when we finally have some little ones!
I'm jealous, too! Miss O is pooping now in the toilet (yay!) but wetting her pants consistently (argh!).
So Congrats, to you guys AND Cora. :)
Fabulous! YEA for potty trained kids! I am so ecited for you guys and for Cora!
That's great!! I am sure she is going to love that picture of her on the toilet when she gets older :). Make you show it to all her dates!
Post a Comment