10 months ago
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Happy Earth Day!
Well, I realize that by the time you read this, it won't be earth day anymore, but I wanted to post what we did to celebrate...not much so don't get your hopes up! But, I decided to finally take our old newspapers down to the school in our neighborhood to recycle, so the girls got in the wagon, Einstein got on his leash and we took off down the road. I tried to explain to Kayley what day it was today and you could tell it was way over her head in trying to explain what the Earth was. But, she willingly along with Cora had the big pile of papers on top of their feet on our way to the recycle bin. Then, we took an extra long walk and the girls actually got out of the wagon and walked almost the whole way...I was way impressed at how long they walked! But, then I (this may sound silly) officially started a bag for our aluminum cans. When we lived in Columbia I was good about recycling b/c the trash people would pick it up with our other trash...here we have to take it to a recycle place or pay them to pick it up at our house, but Nick told me the other day that if you recycle one aluminum can it can run a tv for 3 hours...well as some of you may know...we like our tv and Nick likes his pop...so put two and two together and in order for us to always be able to watch our tv, we need to be better about recycling his pop cans. So, it's official and we are recycling them now! So, Happy Earth Day to you all and sorry I don't have any pics with the girls on this post...it was kind of hard to juggle the girls, the wagon, and the dog and then to try and balance the camera wasn't going to happen! So you can just imagine the girls walking very cutely and waving to our neighbors on our walk today! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's great you recycled your papers and are doing so for your cans. I need to be much better about it too. In fact Claire told me the other day I'm really bad about recycling. (Nothing like our kids to keep us in check!)
And yes, we love our friend Cora here--she and Claire can play for hours (literally hours) with never a cross look between them. So we now think that all little girls named Cora are very cute and sweet. In fact, it's now a name on our baby list if we ever have another one. It's a great name!
You need to move to a KC address. They pick it up curbside with your trash.
James and I watched this whole Oprah on Earthday all about how horribly we are treating the earth. I know I wouldn't get good about recycling if it wasn't picked up. I wish more cities did it!
So, when did you start saying "Pop?" I started, too, and I don't have any idea why. While I was at BYU I thought it was very strange that people said "pop" for soda. Now I say it and Mike looks at me kindof funny!
Post a Comment