Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nada Mucho...Just an Update


Well, I just realized that it's been a really long time that I've posted anything and an even longer time since I've posted any pictures. Well, we haven't been up to much. But I guess the spring cleaning bug has hit here as Nick and I have been working on small projects here and there to our house...just projects that we want to do when we sell the house...we're not moving, but I always hear people say that once they get their house ready to sell that they want to stay and live in it now....so Nick and I compiled a list, well I compiled a list of things I wanted to do and we've been slowly working on them. One of our big projects was to put down rock in our landscaping and pull up all our mulch....what a job!! And it's still not finished yet! Then we are putting ceiling fans in the girls' room...what a difference it's already made in Kayley's room...she got the first fan since she has two windows instead of one. We are also planning on staining our deck, maybe next week when the rain slows down. Then, we are also replacing our outdoor lights with new ones. Then I'm also trying to convince Nick to paint the kitchen, our bathroom, and the basement...not getting very far there, even though I'm the one doign the work on this...we just can't agree on colors. Now it's time for us to plant our garden...another ongoing big project, but well worth it in the end. We'll do that next week or the next. I've also been busy being sucked in by Twilight series! I'm on eclipse and loving it, but it is slow comign with also trying to balance household things and being a mom...so I always have to choose wisely what I can do while they are taking their nap and then try to get in some me time too. Oh...the joys of motherhood! :)

The girls haven't been up to much either...just having fun in the nice weather. I found Kayley a big girl bike with training wheels for $5 at a garage sale and she is about to drive me batty with trying to ride it! She tells us she doesn't have big leg muscles to ride it. So I end up pushing her the whole way. She insists on riding her baby bike (by pushing her feet on the ground, not the pedals) or riding her scooter. I'm hoping that by the end of the summer we will be riding our bike! Kayley is also really into Dorothy now. She went over to Katrina's house and watched it once then realized Dorothy was a princess and then that week I found both a dress for a dollar (pictured below) that works for her dress and I also found a VHS copy of Wizard of Oz for a quarter at a garage sale. So she watches that about once a day or every other day and asks to wear her dress almost everyday...so we end up wearing it about 4 times a week. By next week she'll probably be into a new princess! :)

Cora is learning lots of new things...some things we are not excited about...spitting, hitting, and taking things away from her sister. We've been having to do a lot of naughty mat and taking away her baby (whom she absolutely adores!) But, it doesn't help that her big sister also does some of these things too so we're trying to balance it all with discipline and love with them. But, for the most part they still play well together and enjoy each other's company. In fact, I found them playing very nicely today in Kayley's bedroom...so I quickly took a snapshot so I can remind myself that they do love each other!! :) But, also this month we took our first attempt at potty training...it only lasted about a day if not less, but she did pee in the potty about 2-3 times and then pooped in her underwear about 2-3 times so I decided we weren't ready or I wasn't ready to take this challenge on. I liked that Kayley was trained in 1 1/2 weeks...I am willing to wait as long as I can with Cora if she can train as quickly as Kayley! Unless she is waiting until it's time for her to go to school! :) So we're back to diapers, but she does now tell me when she's poopy...which is progress in my book!

We are anxiously awaiting our pool to open up and I'm so grateful that we have a neighborhood pool...not only so the girls can get out and have some fun in the sun...but I can also hopefully try to work on my tan while chasing them around the pool!! :) And it helps that it's only 1/2 block away from our house too so we also get in some exercise.

1 comment:

Jamison Family said...

Way to go on all of the improvements! And a big high five for the bike, dress and video. I can't wait until we have a house to decorate and improve - on second thought maybe I can, it sounds like it has been a lot of work. I am sure it is worth it in the end though, good luck.