
Well, last night Nick and I got to see the show of a lifetime! For Christmas Nick got me some tickets to go see the Phantom of the Opera. I of course was way excited because a) we are not the type of people to spend a lot of money on things like this, b) Nick is not a lover of artsy things as much as I am, and c) I grew up listening to this music as my Mom and Dad saw the play and would often play the soundtrack and I would also listen to my sister Jessica sing and play the music to it...so I went in knowing almost all the words, but contained myself and let the pros sing it instead. It was a great night only with a few bumps in the road. We had it all lined up and ready to go but then we found out that Jessica my sister couldn't babysit as our nephew ended up having strep throat! And our back-up (Nick's sister) had just left earlier that day to go out of town. So after racking our brains to see who could watch them on a school night and figuring out who they would be most comfortable with we asked one of my gracious friends (also Kayley's sunbeam teacher) and she very willingly babysat for us and on a school night for that matter! We were so thankful to her for being so willing so we could still go. And can I just say WOW!!? We loved every minute of it...even Nick! If you ever have the chance to go see this play, you MUST!! And apparently the guy who played the Phantom also played one of the lead roles in Les Miserables...so yes he was very good! It was a night to remember forever! Thanks for the great Christmas present!
3 comments:
I. LOVE. PHANTOM. How awesome that you go and see it!! Spectacular, huh?! There is nothing like seeing it live!!
How exciting! You never mentioned you got to go see this - and I was just talking to you yesterday!! I'm thrilled Nick took you. You deserve it. Next on your list you should see "Wicked" - it's just as good. I highly recommend it.
I'm so jealous! I'm glad you had fun!
Post a Comment