I had a good birthday that was extended into two weeks after the fact, which is always nice!! :) Anyway, my birthday was really nice and was very relaxing as the girls didn't argue or fight with one another and played well while I actually enjoyed, yes I said enjoyed doing some yard work on my birthday. But, the day before Nick had made me Cashew Chicken and we had my sister and her family over for their first taste of Cashew Chicken (Springfield style of course) and they loved it so much that Edward had like 3-4 plate fulls (he's 7 by the way). Then back on my birthday Nick came home from work surprising me with flowers and we went to Ruby Tuesday to eat dinner. We had a coupon because as you all know we are way cheap at times!! But we both got the steak dinner which included steak, mashed potatoes, onion strings, broccoli, AND the salad bar...which was great for the girls! Oh..and did I mention all for $17, including tip!?! Then we came home and just vegged. It was a good birthday until about 3 in the morning when I guess my stomach decided that I had had too much red meat and I lost my cookies and then again about 5:30. So, Nick stayed home half a day the next day which made my birthday linger even longer as I got to sleep in and my stomach ache went away and I was able to enjoy the morning with Nick and see him shortly after only a few hours of work. Then a week ago when we were in Branson/Springfield I got the rest of my birthday present as pictured above. The best carpet cleaner I've seen yet! I was so excited about it that I cleaned all but two of my mother-in-law's rooms in her house...as seen in the before/after picture. That machine picked up some nasty stuff and I'm not going to lie, it picked some nasty stuff out of our carpet too! It was cute because Kayley would run ahead of me to open the toilet lid for me just so she could see all the dirt come out of the machine...girl after my own heart...that's sadly the best part of cleaning carpets to me! But, that I guess officially ended my birthday surprises, but it was a good birthday! It's nice to have a day to pamper ourselves isn't it or...a few days at that matter!?!
10 months ago
4 comments:
Ah I get it now - Mom mentioned you tested out your new shampoo-er on her carpets. Why didn't you want to drive down here and try it out on ours? Sounds like a happy birthday to me!
Ruby Tuesday is my all time FAVORITE restaurant! Where did you get such an awesome coupon? We went to eat there for my birthday and it cost $50!
Happy Birthday. :)
You are not alone. I enjoy seeing the dirt and yuck those kind of vacuums pick-up too. It is not often you get to see such instant results for your hard work. Happy Belated Birthday.
Happy Birthday! I need one of those vacs, that looks awesome!
Post a Comment