Well, it's official, we've been to Silver Dollar City already this year! And sadly enough we are going again this coming weekend! But, that's what you have to do when you have season passes and kids that beg to go there all the time, right!?! About a week ago, we went and had a blast! We got to go with the Walkers, LaBrues, and Grandma. Both the girls love the place, especially Kayley who can now ride the bigger kid rides (with an adult of course!) But, she is one daredevil for sure! In fact, there is one ride that you can see below with little boats. She chose to ride it with Daddy and let me tell you that it was FAST!! I can't believe she wanted to go on it after seeing how fast it went! But she said it was fun, although as soon as she got off the ride she came up to me and gave me a BIG hug and said "Mom, I missed you SO much!" It was cute and just showed me how brave she really is! Cora on the other hand finally loved the little kid rides...last year she cried throughout the whole ride. But the frogs were her favorite. They actually do jump really high for a little kids ride. After the ride was over, she kept saying "Jump, Jump!" and wanted to go back for another turn. She pitched a fit when we finally did have to stop riding it.The first day we went it was nice weather, which meant a lot of people! So many people that the lines to catch the trolley were about a mile long...so Nick and I braved it and walked our way up to the park. (For those that have been to SDC before know that once you get into the park there is nothing to do BUT walk, so to walk to the park takes a lot more energy and you value those trolley rides for a good break!) But we survived and then realized that it wasn't that far of a walk anyway! Then the second day was overcast and boy was it perfect to be there! No lines! The girls had a ball being able to get right back on the ride right after they were finished...so did we adults!
Couple of notes from the pictures. The picture of Kayley with Cora below shows Kayley doing her cute little wave that just melts my heart when she does it! :) She would often wave like this all weekend on the rides and it was so cute! She also did this during her song debut at the ward talent show once she spotted Nick in the croud filming her. (Oh and for my followers...I'm sad to report that I don't think I'll be able to post that video of her until we buy a specific program to help put up a video from our camera. I know, I know...boo who! Believe me, I think I'm more sad you all can't see it than you guys are! I guess you'll just have to come to our house to see it!:)
Oh...and the other cute thing about these pictures. The collage of Grandma and Cora. A few days before going to SDC I pulled out this shirt for Cora to wear for the first time this season and I put it on her and she kept saying "papap" (This is how she says Grandma for those that don't know) But, I asked her "Grandma?", she replied with a big, enthusiastic "uh-huh!" Then she was pointing to her shirt and I asked her if this was a shirt like Grandma's and she replied with an even bigger "uh-huh!!!" So, we had to pack our "Grandma shirt" as we call it now and asked Grandma to wear her Grandma shirt. Cora picked this up all on her own that it was just like her...smart girl!! :) It was cute to see how excited she got to see Grandma in her matching shirt! Oh...and one more cute thing she did with Grandma that weekend. Grandma was riding home to Springfield with us from Branson and we had stopped to do some errands. The girls' carseats are next to each other with Cora's behind the driver's seat and Kayley's in the middle and then there's a spot behind the passenger seat, which is where Grandma was sitting. Well, we got back into the car after one of our errands and after a bit of driving, Cora says with fear in her voice, "Mama!! Papap?" I told her Grandma was right there, pointing to Grandma and she looked over to her and said very cutely, "Oh!" It was really cute! She sure does love her "Papap!" :) Well, sorry this post was so long, but as you can see I had a lot to catch up on!

2 comments:
That is super cute!! I'm impressed she knew that it was like her Grandma's shirt- that is one smart girl!
I am so jealous! I would trade SDL for Disney any day. When I tell people down here about it I say it is like Nauvoo with rides!
Post a Comment