The next morning we just had a very leisurely morning and then got ready for the Magic House. Only our luck though it was pouring down rain when we were leaving. Nick lovingly went and got the car and he got DRENCHED! While we were waiting outside the hotel under the awning, two or three lightening crashes happened literally right next to us so the girls went balistic! But we survived, went to lunch, and then headed to the Magic House. This is probably the girls favorite place to go. And we've been there twice now and love it everytime! Rex now got to enjoy a little bit of it this time as the last time he was a little baby. We forgot the stroller so Nick willingly wore him in a front pack...what a trooper...that boy is HEAVY! So here are some pictures of our fun time at the Magic House!
Cora was sadly not old enough for some of the displays that Kayley could go in, but she was a very good sport about it and waited patiently for Kayley to finish...here she is waiting at the scientific area for Kayley.
They had an Alice in Wonderland display which the girls loved. When we were leaving the display we ran into some of the characters. They only wanted their picture taken with Alice. I didn't notice until I loaded the picture that Cora's eyes were funny...and they only wanted to take one picture. Oh well!
And then he found the ball pit........... Have a said that this boy LOVES balls...of any type or size! It took us a long time to get him away from the balls. It's like he's in his own element here. He had so much fun I couldn't even get him to look at the camera for a picture!
And more pictures of him enjoying himself. He loved looking at himself in the mirror. He kept talking to himself, it was cute. He also loved being able to stand and play with the girls in the pretend kitchen. The girls really weren't supposed to be in this section since it was for kids under 2, but they were the only three kids in that small part, so I didn't feel so bad letting them play with their brother!
Then there is the baby section!! Daddy got to rest his weary back on the nice recliner and Rex very patiently watched...did I tell you he was really good?
And you know how I mentioned Rex being in his element in the ball pit, the baby section was the girls' element! They wanted to play there for hours too! They loved being able to play doctor and weigh their babies, bath them, dress them, change them, you name it. I couldn't get them to look at the camera either they were having so much fun!
And the last stop was the craft section. We almost didn't go to this section as we found out we were there the free family night and it was almost time for it to start. We wanted to miss the crowds and crowds of people that were lined up outside waiting to come in for free. We like free, but I think we would have passed on that even if we had known ahead of time...there were tons of people! But luckily none of them were itching to go to the craft section. The girls both painted pictures, I missed getting a picture of Kayley painting hers. And then Nick had a blast at the magnet part. They all three got into these magnetic pieces...not even sure what they are called, but I know now to look out for them for all the kids, including Nick! I think he found his element here! And Cora even did the beanstalk this time, the last time she was scared to do it and this time she went down with Kayley once. Kayley could spend hours in the beanstalk. The Magic House is so much fun and I'm sure we'll be back sometime soon the next time we're in St. Louis!
No comments:
Post a Comment