Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Father's Day 2011

So I know Father's Day was a week and a half ago, but alas I'm just now posting about it. Anyway...I tried to get creative this year with Father's Day because if anyone knows Nick, he gets what he wants, which is everything anytime he wants it making birthdays and anniversaries, fathers day, christmas, pretty much every holiday difficult to shop for him. He had just recently gotten a new gun as well as a new bike so he was lucky he got what we got him for Father's Day as he's gotten his next 50 presents with the previous ones listed. So I got this last minute idea to have the kids spell out Happy Father's Day with their bodies and make a banner for our fireplace. They had a blast doing it...the girls did at least. Rex was asleep for half of the letters and then he joined us for the last half and I barely got some good ones of him.

Here is the word "Happy"
Here is "Father"

And I couldn't get "Father's" to fit altogether so I had to put the " s" with "Day" here....And the apostrophe (who is Rex) was an accident that worked out great! This was one of his fussy times and I was trying to get the girls to do a good "s" and he kept trying to get me on my bed, so I just added him into the picture and made him the apostrophe!

And here's our finished product on our mantle. The girls were so excited to show Daddy. We were supposed to put it up while he was at his meetings before church and then it would be a surprise to him after he got home, but of course his meetings were cancelled because of Father's Day so we had to have him close his eyes while we put it up on the mantle. You may not be able to see the words from here, but they obviously spell out "Happy Father's Day"

And he got another surprise that he wasn't expecting...one that I was really excited about and excited to make. It's not put up yet as I'm waiting for the one of myself and the kids to come in the mail. It's a mounted wall art from shutterfly, similar to a canvas wall art, but a little different. They are pictures of all three kids with Nick when they were first born or shortly thereafter. Mine will be very similar to this and I'm going to put them both up in Rex's room. Can you tell which baby is which? It's not the best picture of it but hopefully you can tell. I'll have to post another picture later of both when I get them on the wall together. We also celebrated with Cashew Chicken of course! His absolute favorite meal of all time!

For those wondering, it's left to right: Kayley, Cora, and Rex.


And this picture I took earlier tonight...and I'm actually blogging about it!! Haha! But sadly both Rex and Cora have fevers...just in time for little Rex's 1st too! I was hoping his fever was due to his new tooth coming in, but then Cora ended up having a fever too...so even though we had fevers and colds last week, we have fevers AGAIN for some reason! Oh well, I just hope they get better fast! But Cora was resting on the couch this afternoon and zonked out two different times. She was really cute this second time with her arms folded.


No comments: