Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rex is Growing So Fast...

Well, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...yet anyway! Having three kids and a newborn, things get kind of crazy and the blog gets put on the back burner all the time! So here is a catch up post and you will really think Rex is growing so fast because the pictures range from when he was 10 days old to almost 4 weeks old! So enjoy all the cute pics!!

Here are some of him at 10 days old. I just loved him this little outfit. The onesie has a football on it and he has little jersey type socks. His legs are so NOT that skinny anymore!! And still Cora cannot get enough of him and begs to hold him any chance she gets. Here are some pics of the girls with him. They just love him so much!

Then, a couple of weeks ago we got to have a visit from the Realls and my Mom. Katie had the first of the 5 new Felker nieces and nephews of 2010. Emme was born in March, so there is quite a bit of size difference in the two of them in these pics..but they were both so cute together and we had a blast visiting with them all! The kids had so much fun playing together. Matt got to woop up on Nick in basketball and Mike got to search for "spaceships" on the school playground with the little girls and Sam. Einstein just watched and tried to stay cool with Katie and I and the babies while we watched.
The boys also got to help Nick give Einstein a bath and they thought that was pretty cool. Nick prefers to give him a bath outside with the hose cause he will admit it's kind of fun to spray him with the hose! I have to concur...sorry Einstein!! Kayley and Cora had a fun time trying to help us get a photo shoot with Rex and Emme both looking at the camera and not crying. It didn't work so well.

We got to celebrate Ashlyn's 4th birthday. The girls had a blast spending time with her and her new toys.
Daddy gets cuddle time with Rex when he gets home from work...Rex just loves to relax on him! Cora likes to pretend she's a baby sometimes and sit in Rex's chair. She's cute either way!
Kayley seriously LOVES her Rex. Anytime I'm trying to get some good pics of him, she always want to get in on the picture. Here he is at almost 2 weeks old.
Once again at 2 weeks old...my sweet, sweet Rex. I can understand the relationship a mother has with her son already! I just love my sweet little boy and sometimes can't get enough of him!! I mean...who couldn't just melt from looking at this sweet face!!
And here is Rex's first bath. He was technically over 2 weeks and his umbilical cord had actually fallen off about 4 days before this, but sorry Rex, with being the third child, it took us this long to get your first bath in. But we did get pics and even video of the event so consider yourself lucky!! He actually did really well and seemed to enjoy it except when his sisters tried to pour water on his face!
At 2 1/2 weeks we got his first professional pics taken. I wanted to get pics of him and the girls and wanted them to be when he was still really little, especially as he is growing so quickly! He did great and didn't even fuss at all throughout the whole session! The girls did great as always too and it was really hard to pick out which ones to get. Here is what we got...a cute one of him...at 2 1/2 weeks old.
And here's the one with all three of them! This picture to me just shows how much they love him with them sitting right over them!
Other things we've been up to is Cora dancing like crazy. This is actually of her dancing to her favorite song by Train. The "hey sister" song as we call it. I'm not really sure of the real title, but I will post a video of it soon.
And here is Rex at 3 weeks old. Again, I just can't get enough of him and his cuteness!! Oh and thanks to Jessica Bobal he can sport the Mizzou colors proudly for us!!

We also had a playdate with Kaelyn at Chik-fil-a. I only got one picture of them because they had too much fun doing the craft and I didn't want to interupt them. Our Chik-fil-a actually does a weekly storytime. This was the girls 2nd time going and my 1st as they went when I was at the hospital having Rex. It's pretty fun and nice and small, which we like...the girls love it because they love Chik-fil-a and they love that they get to play in the play place afterward!

We also got to have fun with cousins and swimming. Shannon, Addison, and Grandma made a trip up a couple of weeks ago. Here are some pics of them swimming at our pool. They all had fun and we didn't even realize how long we swam as the kids stayed happy and just soaked up the sun!
And here's another photo shoot with some cute pics of Rex. He is 3 1/2 weeks old in these pictures. I had the intention of doing the Anne Geddes type pictures, but I'm just not talented enough to do those and I didn't have an assistant to help me with it. They turned out cute anyway and he might be embarrassed later if I did the cute flowery Anne Geddes type pictures anyway!!
And last but not least, we have already taken him swimming and he loved it!! I will also post a video soon on his swim! He just sat and relaxed through the whole thing! The water was the perfect temperature, not too cold and not too warm. He sure looked cute in his swimsuit!! The girls also had a blast swimming and got to show him their jumping in the pool and going underwater tricks!
All in all it has been so much fun having a new baby in the house. Even though my house always seems to be a mess now and as soon as it is clean, it's extremely messy in minutes. I may not be getting all the sleep I need and my kids may not be as clean or neatly kept as they should be, we are having a ball with Rex in our family now! He is so sweet. He is already becoming a Momma's boy and just likes to cuddle with Mommy. It just melts my heart when he is fussy and just immediately calms down when I hold him. Tonight for the first time he smiled at me and what seemed to be on command too! Not bad for 5 weeks old!! :) It is so much fun having a boy around! The girls just love him and like Nick and I they just can't get enough of him!

No comments: