Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oh This Boy...

Well, I went for my 30 week check-up today. I got another ultrasound to check if the placenta had moved on it's own...it had thankfully, but we traded it for another problem! Apparently there is too much amniotic fluid (which was rather a bit calming to me as now that explains why I feel so HUGE! I knew it wasn't just me being paranoid of gaining weight! But it also calmed me a bit that I wasn't having this huge baby either!) So, with what little information I've been given so far, apparently that means that if the fluid continues to rise it could possibly put me into early labor. I'll go for early, just not too early to where he is unhealthy! So immediately after my doctor's appointment I actually had to be admitted to the hospital to have a non-stress test done to make sure all the neurological aspects of the baby were running smoothly. So I trekked over with the girls (who were great through it all by the way!) and got hooked up to the monitors. It's also nice that Nick works there so he just popped in for a bit to see how we were doing! The nurse verified that we have quite the mover in there, which I already knew and which also explains why he moves so much...because he can with all the extra fluid! But everything came out normal. However, apparently I have to have these twice a week now according to my doctor and have another ultrasound, but a more detailed ultrasound (how detailed can you get!?!) So I have to do the extra ultrasound sometime next week and I'm still figuring out all the details with the multiple non-stress tests! This boy better be cute is all I'm saying all this stuff he's already putting us through!! I know it will be worth it when he comes out, but it's a bit stressful for now! Oh well!

Here's some pics they sent home with us from our ultrasound today. He's still a boy as you can see from the bottom right picture (see caption of "all boy"). Kayley also kept saying how big his head was, that apparently freaked her out about how big it was! Oh and she also asked if the baby was living in my whole body today while at the doctor. That question came after I tried to describe to her what the stirr-ups were when she asked me about those. I guess the way I described what the stirr-ups were made her think that the baby was also in my legs! Funny girl!

4 comments:

Lisa R said...

YES! Boys do like to keep you on the edge of your seat!! You will love having a little boy though! That is awesome that he will have a cousin so close in age as well!

Shannon said...

Fabulous pictures! Good clarity. He looks like he'll be a cutie! Take it easy, hang in there and we hope and pray everything goes smoothly for you guys!

Cari said...

Did they tell you how big you are? You are supposed to measure 1 cm per week basically. If you have to go see a specialist for a 3D ultrasound, ask for a referal to Dr. Tim Bennett. He is the BEST!

Rebecca said...

You are going to love having a boy. He is going to steal your heart away. Hope everything goes well and that you don't have labor too early.