Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Homemade Ice Cream

A couple of weeks ago we were watching some cartoons on PBS and in between some shows they put on a few craft ideas. This time they put on how to make homemade ice cream with just 2 ziploc bags and within 5 minutes. I was skeptical as I know how long it takes for our electric homemade ice cream machine to make ice cream, but I told the girls we would try it someday. Well, they have good memories and definitely do not let me forget! Once I figured out how to print it off (part of the procrastination was that it was so dang hard to find on their website!) But today after we got home from the doctor and before naptime, we did it and it did literally take no more than 5-10 min. It probably wouldn't have taken as long, but I had to keep reminding the girls that they were the ones in charge of shaking the bag, not me! It turned out pretty good I thought. Here's a pic of them enjoying it! I didn't get any pics of the process, but I will include the recipe below! Enjoy!
Ok...for some reason my copy and pasting won't work in the blog, so here's the link for the recipe! www.kcptkids.org/letter_pages/activities/I_Zip-Loc_Bag_Ice_Cream.pdf

2 comments:

JanEllenSanders said...

It is best with Chocolate Milk!

Sheri said...

Fun! I read that thinking, "Hey, I have all that stuff!" and then I realized that the only ingredient I don't have is ICE. HA. Our freezer is too small. I suppose I could use frozen peas... ;)