Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ta Da...

Well...I've hit 18 1/2 weeks already! It seems like forever long, but yet so fast that we're already at this point! Anyway, I'm for the most part feeling pretty good, however I've continued to have headaches everyday still. Thank goodness for Excedrin Tension Headache!

We had our ultrasound appointment today. Everything looked good and healthy, which we are grateful for. I had originally wanted to make this one a surprise, but this last week I've been worried that if I kept it a surprise and we had the baby and it happened to be a girl, that at the hospital I would be upset that it was a girl and feel guilty as a mother to be upset about my baby girl. So I asked the ultrasound tech to put the answer in an envelope so I could have the opportunity to find out if I felt I needed to. Well, Nick thought it would last until the end of the night and I have to say he was wrong as it only lasted for about 4 hours until I gave in. When in the ultrasound room, Kayley said it was a boy because the baby didn't have any hair. Well.....

She was right...but not because of the no hair thing, but luckily that is what she still thinks for now!! :) We are excited and to be honest a bit relieved, however let the record show that we both would have been ok with a girl, it may just have taken me a bit longer to be ok with the idea of it. Now I have to get over the fact that we are actually having a boy, which means a total change of scenery for us! Oh well, we are excited either way!

9 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yay for BOYS!!! And Im so glad you found out!

Lisa R said...

AWWWWWW!!!! That is so exciting! Don't feel bad about peeking, I would have done the same thing!! Now you will have the best of both worlds! How blessed this baby is to be welcomed into your wonderful family:)

John n Shannon said...

I'm soooo excited for you guys! I would have been excited either way obviously but still! Congrats! I'm glad you guys found out. Michelle is going to drive me bonkers with her surprise. Finally another boy on the Bell side! Woohoo! Preston will have a buddy! :D

Shannon said...

Seriosly so excited for you guys!!! So much so that I got teary eyed when I read it-SO FUN! Congrats, they are TONS of fun and SOOOO different from girls!

Evan and Jamie said...

Congratulations! Be ready for your life to change!! haha Mama's boy!! Mine is ALL boy, so he sure keeps me hopping!! I'm so excited for your guys, it'll be tons of fun! Hope you feel better!

Natalie said...

Glad you caved! Preston can have a buddy now!! Now I can start working on a boy baby present :)

Jennifer said...

WOohoo!! :) Boys are awesome! :) Congrats!!!

Tina said...

Congrats! How fun! :)

Miss L said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! :)