Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a fun Valentine's Day/Weekend. On Saturday we took the girls to the Events Center to go Ice Skating. This ironically was mine and Nick's first time ice skating together ever. Apparently that was one date he never really liked to go on with girls and we just never went when we were dating or since we've been married. I think it's cause he just doesn't want to admit that I'm WAY better than him!! So, it took Kayley a while to be ok with ice skating. She mostly just wanted to stay in the box and rest. But towards the end she did really like to skate, we just had to be holding her hands tightly the whole time!
Cora on the other hand seemed to love it! Nick actually got her to try and skate a bit by herself without us holding her hands or coat or anything. She actually did pretty good skating by herself too...we were impressed. She wouldn't let me let go of her hands at all though...must be a Dad thing. But boy was my back tired after skating with her...not only did I have to bend over the whole time with her being so short, but if he skates got mixed up or crooked or anything, she would just pick up both of her feet letting me carry her the rest of the way!
Then later that night....ok don't laugh, but let me just start with the fact that you all know that Nick and I are cheap. So for dinner we had found some Captain D's coupons and I just LOVE their jalepeno cheddar bites, so we decided to do dinner there. We get there and waited at the counter for at least 15-20 minutes waiting for someone to come and take our order. Nick even got on their microphone that they use to call out the order to the back and said that we were up there...still no one. We could hear them in the back talking, but no one was coming up. We wanted to wait and let them know they lost our business because of their bad customer service. So as we were waiting we went ahead and called Texas Roadhouse to do call ahead seating. They finally came out and asked us what we wanted as if we had just walked in. We told them how long we had been waiting and they apologized....there were 3 workers!! Apparently one was training two of them and she told the trainees that this was why you never left the registered unoccupied. They again asked us what we wanted and we told them we weren't giving them our business b/c of their bad customer service. We even told them we got on the microphone to let them hear us and no one came! Needless to say, it felt good to walk out, but I was really sad I didn't get my jalepeno cheddar bites. Nick said I should just order through the window and then I could eat them on my way to Texas Roadhouse, but I didn't want them to have the satisfaction of getting our business. Anyway, so we went to McD's next door to pick up our movie from Redbox and headed to Texas Roadhouse. We received GREAT service there!! And yes, I know you're wondering...we also had a coupon for there too and they didn't even take our coupon, so we get to go and use it again...with the great service we got, we may just go there next week! :) Then we headed home and watched Love Happens...such a great movie! It was pretty predictable, but I was just so relieved to finally watch a movie where you're not having to screen the scenes...there were absolutely NO inappropriate scenes! A little bit of language, but nothing like most other PG-13....for instance, no F word! I hate how it seems like they feel like they have to put in the F word only b/c it's a PG-13. Anyway, I highly recommend this movie to anyone it was a really good movie. Nick even dreaded watching it, but actually enjoyed it!
Then Sunday on Valentine's Day we exchanged our Valentine's Day gifts. We got Nick some candy and made him Cashew Chicken for dinner (without him helping me at all!)...it's a big meal to make and clean up for those that don't know it! He got me some perfume that I've been wanting for a long time, but wasn't wanting to spend the money on it. Then he got the girls each a small gift. He got Kayley a little bowling set...she loves to play it on the floor, table, chair, everywhere! He got Cora a small basketball goal...that is all she talks about since our new McDonald's has a little basketball court. I am very excited to say that I think she may be our sports child! Overall it was a great Valentine's Day and we hope everyone else had a great day/weekend as well!

No comments: