Well, once there was a snowman...today anyway! This last weekend we were lucky enough to get probably what will be our last snow for the winter. It snowed about 3-4 inches...probably our biggest for the year that I can remember anyway. By the time we got finished with our errands and naptime on Saturday, we went outside to play, but the snow would not cooperate for anything to make a snowman. So, luckily it has stayed cold enough until today and there was still snow on the ground so we put on our gear and built a snowman before it all melts in a few days as it's supposed to get up to 67 in two days (that's Missouri for ya!) Anyway, as you can see, Cora's pants are actually a bit big on her as they are 3T's rolled up, but they worked ok. She and Kayley were both excited to go out, but once we got out, Cora did not like it, between Einstein trying to take off with her gloves and her trying to walk in the snow, Cora was not a happy camper by the time we were finished with our masterpiece. I have to say that I was pretty impressed that I was even able to lift the middle snowball onto the bottom one...it was a lot heavier than I expected and I wasn't about to have to wait until Daddy got home to get it up for me, so I pulled out all my muscles and finally got it up there. Kayley liked it a lot and had a lot of fun. Then afterwards inside the girls sang "Once There Was a Snowman" about five times to each other. Kayley was so impressed with the snowman that she is anxious to show Daddy when he gets home from work, but she made sure to ask me that it wasn't going to melt before he got home. It was cute. It was a fun day and now we can officially say we built a snowman this year! :)
10 months ago
3 comments:
That is what I call a snowman! I wasn't patient enough to make one that big-that is awesome! Your girls are so adorable and so big!
Snow is fun. I'm sure I would feel differently if I lived somewhere that it snowed each week. We got nothing from that system.
My Mom got caught in that same snowstorm. She had to travel back from the Lake of the Ozarks Saturday morning. The trip normally takes about 3 hours. It took her 10. She was with three other teachers at a convention. One of the ladies was pregnant. While they were stranded on I-44 for 5 hours, the pregnant lady had to use the bathroom, but there were no facilities to be had. So my Mom & the other two ladies held up blankets while the 7 month-pregnant lady squatted in the middle of a traffic jam on a major highway.
Hooray for day of snow. And can I just say, that is one big snowman! Holy cow! You go, Girl, hefting that thing. :)
Post a Comment