Sunday, January 25, 2009

Meeting Baby Big (Andrew McKay Sanders)


Well, this last weekend we got to go to Jeff City to see Andrew or "Baby Big" & my sister, Jan, who were up from Florida visiting my Mom and Otto. We had a lot of fun getting to hold him and pass him around and as you can tell from the pictures, he was very cooperative, even with the kiddos holding him! He sure is a sweet boy and we miss him already! If only Florida were a bit closer to us! But, he definitely lives up to his namesake, my brother Andrew as he is already the same size or bigger than Cora who is only 18 months and he is only 5 months! We really had a great time!

Oh and a side note on Kayley's new fettish with Rainbow Brite. A while back I found a 50 cent book at the dollar store about Rainbow Brite, so I took a trip down memory lane and got it for her and loved reading it to her as I loved Rainbow Brite when I was little. So when at my Mom's, I showed her the Rainbow Brite that Katie had that I also loved to play with when I was little. Katie and I were both into her as Mom also made her a Rainbow Brite costume for Halloween one year. Anyway, Kayley wouldn't put it down the whole time we were there and didn't want to leave without it. But we finally got away without taking it from Jani's house and Kayley told us when we got home that she was so proud of Grandma Jani for having a Rainbow Brite. Now she wants one for herself. So, about every other night now she asks me if it's going to be warm outside the next day as I told her the best way to find a Rainbow Brite is to go look at Garage Sales for it. So she is now patiently waiting for the hunt to start, or at least as patiently as a 3 year old can wait! :) The hunt is on!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks like your mom got new furniture! What did she do with the old stuff in the basement?

Stephanie said...

Oh, and you'll have to tell Kayley we have a Rainbow Brite doll too. It's about the size of a Barbie. I think Elizabeth got it when she was three of four. Now Mallory likes playing with her. I'll try to put her aside so I'll know where she is when you come in a few weeks.

Jared and Shelonna said...

Hi Colton! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! We're doing great, how are you and your family doing? Thanks for telling me my sweet baby is cute! What mother doesn't love to hear that? And speaking of that, your little girls are adorable!

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the Rainbow Brite hunt! I think it's cute when little kids fall in love with things like that--especially things that I remember.