Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Maybe I'm doing something right?

Today I went visiting teaching and one of the sisters I visit teach is subbing for sunbeams, which is Kayley's class. She told me some fun stories of them and what they say. Well she said one of her lessons recently was on Joseph Smith and she asked the kids if they knew who Joseph Smith was. She said the kids would respond with who their favorite cartoon was, etc and I was fully expecting an answer from Kayley that involved princesses. However I was proven wrong when her teacher said that Kayley responded first with, "Guys don't you know who Joseph Smith is, the prophet?" I was just beaming from ear to ear inside thinking that my little girl is growing so much and she is so smart and that what we do talk about during scripture study and family home evening is getting through to her. I love the Gospel and the knowledge we receive from it and the blessings we receive too. I know I wouldn't be the mom I am without it (which I'm not anywhere near perfect, but I'd like to be someday)! I love my family! This is a pic of Kayley & Audrey posing together for a picture.

3 comments:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

I believe that you are doing a lot of things right! I remember Kayley in nursery. She was one of the few that understood when we tried to teach kids to sit and listen at lesson time. Now I know that each kid is different. However, it seems like the kids that understood things like that had parents that taught it in FHE, family prayer, etc. You guys are awesome!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I have no doubt you are doing ALOT right...your parents taught you well, and now you are teaching your children well. I've always been amazed by you!! :)