Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Smart Kayley

Today is just an update. Kayley is now 3 years old! Not much has been going on with us lately as we’ve slowed down on our driving places this month, which has been nice to just be at home and enjoy the surrounding scenery. Anyway, so the other day for fun we went to Liberty to hang out with Michelle and Kendall and do our most favorite thing…garage sales! Then we hung out with them at their house for the rest of the day to let the kiddos play with each other. Kayley had to go potty so she went into Ashlyn’s bathroom and then called for us to come wipe. Well, she then ceased to amaze me with how smart she is as she told me that Ashlyn’s toilet paper is different than ours. Now you may think this is not so smart as most likely we don’t buy the same toilet paper…but this wasn’t what she was talking about. She was talking about the way the toilet paper came off the roll. She said ours goes this way and motioned her hands to where the toilet paper came around the back of the roll, then said theirs goes this way and motioned her hands the opposite way to have the toilet paper come off the front of the roll. I was so shocked that she picked up on such a minor detail. Most people could careless about the way their toilet paper comes off the roll…to them, toilet paper is toilet paper. However to Kayley it is different and I guess I have to admit that I’ve created a monster as I’m very particular about the way our toilet paper faces…so I always put it the same direction, but I’ve never told her how to put it on or that I prefer it that way. And apparently I’m not the only one that has this disease as I had this discussion with Kendall afterwards and he is the same way, only he likes his toilet paper coming off the opposite way of me…I guess it’s a good thing that we aren’t married to each other otherwise we’d have to have different toilets! :) But, needless to say, Kayley ceases to amaze me with how smart she is and on the smallest details that she pays attention to. We sure do love her and enjoy her wit and smartness!

This by the way is a picture of her at her 3 year well check-up...it was the first time we had to wear a hospital gown while waiting for the doctor...too cute of an outfit to pass up taking a picture and she liked wearing the hospital gown..it was fun to her!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WOW! That is observant! It's no surprise, though. Her parents are both smart people. She (and Cora and all future Bells) are bound for greatness!