Well, Cora has officially joined our family! We were induced by my own choosing. She was due July 31st and my appointment was on that day and the doctor asked if I wanted to be induced. Well, having had Kayley 4 weeks early, I was pretty emotional and ready to have Cora after 36 weeks...so I of course said YES, Induce me!! :) So we went in at 6:30 am and the doctor came and broke my water to get contractions started. By 11, they hadn't progressed as they should so they started my epidural as well as some pytocin. After about 3 hours I felt a huge pressure down low and the nurse came in for her regular check to see how dilated I was and she was like, "Don't move, I've got to get the doctor!" Apparently that pressure was Cora showing herself and telling us it's ready to push! So after the doctor got there it was about 4 pushes and she was out! She weighed in at 6 lbs 10 oz. and 19 in long. She was a crier to begin with but quickly calmed down after I held her. Everything else was pretty laid back and easy going with her!
Here are some pictures of when she was first born...

Here's when Kayley came to meet her. Michelle was nice enough to keep Kayley while we were at the hospital, so she brought Kayley and Ashlyn to come meet Cora. Kayley immediately loved Cora and wanted to hold and kiss her often!

Here's our first family picture after Cora was born. Pretty good looking family!!

Here's my favorite picture of Cora the day she was born. She just looks so peaceful and so perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment