Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

This is my attempt at keeping my blog up to date!  This little boy's hero is Daddy!  Anytime he sees a picture of him on the computer or my phone he gets so excited..."Dada!!"  He requests to call him on the phone at work and Rex is so quiet when he talks he usually just sits and listens to Daddy on the other line.  When he comes home he waits very excitedly at the top of the stairs for him.  And the last couple of days he has requested Daddy to put him to bed instead of Mommy...didn't use to be that way!  So the other day when Daddy got home from work Rex joined him on the couch and shared a snack with him and it was the cutest thing.  Nick always has a pop and usually something salty right after work so Rex brought his water bottle and just munched away on the cashews with Nick.  Made us both melt!  I had to get a picture of this sweet moment and of course they both gave me their super cheesy grins! 
 Earlier today Kayley graduated from kindergarten!!  I can't believe we have a 1st grader now!  This year has really flown by!  I still remember the first day and she was so scared that she wanted me to stay a little longer in the classroom with her before I left and she was holding back tears.  I of course shed mine when I left her room that day!  I'm shocked I didn't shed any today during their ceremony but maybe that's because I was juggling the camera and the other two kids between Nick and I!  Her teacher cried a little bit though and it was really sweet.  She really has been a great teacher to all of these kids and Kayley's class really has a great group of kids!  They all got along so well!
 Our little graduate!!  I still can't get over it!
 Some of her friends that were still at school.  A lot of them had already left with their parents.  Kayley wanted to stay as long as she could to school!  I just love this little girl!
 Pictures with Mrs. Kirn!  We went over and originally wanted a picture of Kayley and Mrs. Kirn by themselves but all the kids kept coming that we had to do their picture last.  It was really cute.  It really shows how much Mrs. Kirn cares about these kids and vice versa.  In fact, a sweet moment from today...one little boy decided to stay the rest of the day but then once his mom left he got really sad and missed his mom.  He requested Mrs. Kirn to help console him...so cute and sweet!  I sure hope my next two kids get Mrs. Kirn for kindergarten!!

No comments: