January has come and gone but not without a little bit of fun in our house! So all during Christmas break my friend Jessica and I kept trying to get together to let our kids play with no success. Then of all times we randomly texted each other one Saturday morning to see if we could meet at the mall play place and of course the random time worked for both of us! So much for planning ahead, right?! So we met at the mall to let the kids play, then headed to the pet store to let the kids see the dogs, and then hit the candy bins where everyone got to pick one kind of candy to eat. It was way to short of a play-date, but the kids still had fun and that's what matters! Then of course of all places....the very next week there was a shooting at the mall we had gone to. Pretty crazy but we were both very glad it wasn't the time we were there!
Then in the middle of the month my Aunt Kim from Laredo, Texas was dropping her daughter Mariah off in Idaho for school and on her way back home she stopped at our house for a visit. We got to go to Fritz's for dinner with Andrew and Sarah. Fritz's used to be one of Aunt Kim's favorite places to eat when she used to live in Kansas City. This was the second time we had taken Rex but when he last went he was a nursing infant so he of course didn't remember it. He was so ecstatic to see all the "d00-doo's" (Choo-Choo's). He would point to them very excitedly and say "doo-doo!" every time he saw them. It was cute! It was a great time to catch up with Aunt Kim and for my kids to get to know her a little bit better too. We hadn't seen her since the family reunion in July 2011 and even then there was so many family there they hadn't met before that they probably didn't remember her too much except that she was the one that gave them Mexican coins.
This winter, was not very wintery at all with very little snow. So the couple of days it did snow, my kids were super excited! Here are some pictures of the girls playing in a dusting we had one day. When the girls woke up for school that day they were so bummed they had to go to school so I promised them that as long as the snow was still there they could play in it as soon as they got home from school. I was crossing my fingers all day long as I knew this would probably be one of our only snows for the winter. The most of the snow was on the trampoline so they spent most of their time on it throwing snowballs at each other and making snow angels. No snowmen this time around as there wasn't really enough to make one. I got one quick picture of Rex on the deck because he lasted only 5 minutes in the snow after I spent about 20 minutes trying to get his snow gear on him.
Then one day I just played a little bit with my camera and my cute kids. Rex was very excited to show me his cheetos or cheese puffs...not really sure what he was eating, but it was cheesy!
And of course the girls had to participate too as they love their Rex!
And here are a couple of pictures from either my phone or Nick's phone of Rex and Kayley. Top left is of Rex at Tractor Supply Co. with Nick. We'd love to get him a cowboy hat someday. Top Right is one of my favorite Sunday outfits he wore this past winter. He just looked so grown up in it.
Middle picture is of Kayley and Rex at Kayley's "Pastries with Parents" breakfast at her school. I wasn't planning on attending this event because our mornings are kind of crazy trying to get Cora and Kayley both to school since their schools start at 8 and then not until 8:40am. But when we were coming home from dropping off Cora I felt bad not going and mentioned it to Kayley and of course she was dying to go. So I've never seen her get her hair done or her lunch made so quickly and we were off. Rex had a blast and I felt bad for those cleaning up after us...it was rather messy!
Bottom left is of Rex eating a cupcake I brought home from Young Women New Beginnings. He of course loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment