So after Christmas this year, my Mom decided to come up to stay a night with us and then a night with Andrew and his family so she could play with the grandkids and see their new toys from Santa Claus. My kids had a blast playing with her! They loved showing her their new toys from Santa Claus and loved teaching Grandma Jani about how to play "Don't Eat Pete!" I also decided to take on a painting job while Mom was here to paint my laundry room. So it was great to have Mom there to play tag team with the kids while I painted during the day. As soon as Mom got to our house, the girls played "Don't Eat Pete" with her for at least an hour, if not longer. Since I was doing the laundry room, the kitchen table was a mess so they had to play the game on my bed so Rex wouldn't eat all the candy so it was hilarious hearing them play and get so excited to teach Jani how to play. Then I finally got the laundry room finished right before Nick got home from work, which meant I was wiped out and in no mood to cook dinner so we all went to eat at Pizza Hut. Kayley got to use a couple of her book-it pizzas, so the girls loved getting their own pizzas. Then the next day Jani got up and we took some pictures before she headed to the Felker's house. Here the kids are posing with some of their presents from Santa Claus, well the girls are..Rex is posing with his breakfast!
Then we tried to get a picture with Mom and a picture with the kids and myself, but Rex was not cooperating very well. And the one picture he did cooperate on, I forgot to turn the flash on!! Oh well...it was fun to have Mom over and let the kids have one on one time with her.
Then here is my Christmas present....right after Christmas my dryer went out. It happened before only about 2 months ago at most and Nick replaced the heating element, but that of course was a rather big job. Since it went out again we decided to try our luck in getting a new washer and dryer. We found this almost nearly new front load set on craigslist and it was actually the brand we had researched and everything. So I decided to decorate my laundry room. The closet was plain jane before with just white walls that were icky and needed to be painted anyway. I forgot to take a picture with the old washer and dryer in here, but imagine the old almond very old type of washer/dryer!
No comments:
Post a Comment