It is officially Christmas at our house! Well, I guess it has been for a while now. I put out my decorations early this year only because we were going to be gone over Thanksgiving weekend and usually that's when I put up decorations. But I waited until after Thanksgiving to put up our tree, which we did the Monday we got home! The kids absolutely love putting up the tree. See every year when I was growing up my 2nd cousin, Carrie would each kid in my family a couple of ornaments. Now I have all my ornaments from when I grew up and she continues to send my kids their ornaments every year. They get so excited to open them up and see what ornaments they got. So when we put up the tree we all get to go down memory lane with all or ornaments. Here are the kids after putting up the tree. Rex has surprisingly done very well with keeping the tree alone this year. I only have to get onto him every now and then. And the girls wanted to do a silly faced picture so you can see that below! Some crazy girls!
Then last week was Lauren's birthday party. She absolutely LOVES Wizard of Oz so she obviously had a Wizard of Oz party. The kids had a blast and we just love the fact that Andrew and Sarah live so close to us now! It's so fun to have family nearby, especially family that has kids almost exactly the same age as our kids (which we haven't planned this, but I'm almost thinking we should coordinate as to when we have our next kid so we can keep the tradition going!) :) So here the kids are playing musical yellow brick road (like musical chairs). They played this for at least 20 minutes if not longer, they had a blast with it!
And no party Sarah plans isn't complete without a piƱata! She usually makes hers, but had to do a store bought one this time around. We've determined she makes more durable ones than the store bought one! But the kids still had fun even though it was sprinkling very cold rain on them!
And here's the cake Sarah made...pretty impressive huh!?! She amazes me!! And here's a cute picture I got of my Rex! He's just growing way too fast, but I just love this boy! He's starting to introduce me into being a boy lately as he's figuring out how to climb onto things. However, I still find him playing with his sisters, in fact tonight he was brushing one of their Barbie's hair...I think he needs a brother!! (No announcements here!!) But he is such a sweet boy and I just love him so much!
Rex and Cora are alike in a lot of ways, but one thing they are alike in is their immediate love of baby dolls. I try not to think of it being a girlie thing that Rex likes babies, but that he is going to be a very sweet and loving father and husband someday because of it! So we found him in the baby's bed the other day and had to take a picture of it. And it came out a bit blurry but the girls wanted to do a picture with them kissing his cheeks...they really are kissable and I can never kiss them enough!!
This year was our first year doing a Gingerbread house. I always think about doing one but never want to pay 10-15 for a kit and let's face it, I'm not going to make my own!! But I found this kit at Aldi's for 6 or 7 bucks and couldn't resist. The kids loved doing it! And Grandpa Bell even got to come and do it with us! Rex liked testing the candy for us of course! It passed the test! It was fun and I'm sure going to be a continual tradition!
And then today we got Carrie's package of the new ornaments for this year. The girls were so excited! They both got a Barbie ornament, which they LOVE!! And two of Rex's were Mickey Mouse ones...which he really loves now! So we took some pictures of them after they put their ornaments on the tree. And the Rex and Cora had some fun in their Santa hats looking for Santa in the chimney. He's not here yet, but we are ready for him! Kayley has been counting down with her new calendar she bought the other day from the dollar spot. We hope everyone else is as excited about Christmas as we are at this house. The other day I realized that these years are the most precious in regards to Christmas!! I really do just love watching their excitement with everything for Christmas....goodies, movies, crafts, songs, activities, the countdown, and then Christmas morning! I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment