Two posts in one week...I've officially out-done myself! But I figured I better get a jump on things with the holidays coming up! I don't want to be too far behind! Which is exactly what happened with these pictures...we are carving pumpkins, yes 3 days after Halloween! I think in the past 4 years we have lived here we have probably carved pumpkins after Halloween at least 2 years if not 3 years. Oh well...what counts is the fun the kids have doing it, or watching Nick do it! We aren't fancy with our carvings...pretty basic jack o lantern faces. I thought maybe this year we might do one of those fancy carvings/tracings, but I misplaced the paper we were going to carve. Maybe next year! This was Rex's 1st year to be able to actually participate. He enjoyed figuring out what that icky stuff was out of the pumpkin and it was fun watching him figure it out.
And the family pose...or at least poses with Nick and then with myself. I should have set up the timer, but the kids were very excited to light the candle and put it in the pumpkin with the lights out so there wasn't much time to fiddle with the camera.
Then the next weekend we went to celebrate Ruby's 1st birthday. She didn't get as fancy of a party as Audrey, but she is only 1 so that's ok! It was still fun none the less! Sarah's Dad was in town for the weekend and her brother and his wife came up and so including us and the Felker's it was a fun and small intimate celebration. Sarah made a very cute lady bug cake for Ruby. She didn't really delve into the cake as much as we all wanted her to, but she's a very clean girl overall.
My girls are so excited for Christmas coming up! Kayley has a calendar on the fridge that she is marking off each day and doing a countdown. It's cute. This is one of my favorite times of the year too because I just love to find the presents for my kids and I love to see them get so excited about getting their presents. On to Thanksgiving coming up in about a week! Crazy but so exciting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment