Earlier this month Sarah and the girls came up for a visit and Kayley and Audrey realized they had the same PJ's and were absolutely thrilled. They probably have a lot more matching clothes than they realize as my big sister supplies both Sarah and I with a lot of girl clothes thanks to her two girls Caroline and Julia and like any mother, who wouldn't want to match their girls in outfits as much as possible? So now when we visit Audrey, Kayley has to have her Audrey PJ's. Cora and Lauren don't match but they wanted their picture taken together anyway.

While they were here, our Young Women had a great fashion show! The MiaMaid girls did the fashion show as one of their Personal Progress projects. It was great as so many girls participated. I struggled trying to figure out which category to enter as I didn't feel like I had anything nor could I make anything work for any category. So I entered the princess category and of course my girls and Audrey and Lauren wanted to participate. It was great!

Then we had Kayley's preschool graduation. I have to admit, I cried a little...never thought I was one of those mom's, but when Mrs. Porter started talking about Kayley going to kindergarten and growing so much this year, etc...I teared up a little bit. It was fun with all their songs they sang and the little presentation from Mrs. Porter. Then afterward we all got to share a cookie and lemonade with them. Cora was in heaven being at Kayley's school, (can you see her in the bottom right standing on the chair to get the best view?) she is still begging to go to school. Oh...and the boy next to Kayley is one of her best friends, Marshall...she talks about him all the time. There is only one other girl in her class this last year and they were polar opposites so she connected most with Marshall. He is going to Kindergarten next year, but I'm not sure if they'll be in the same school or not. Oh and what was cute about Kayley realizing she had graduated, she had also heard me talking to family on the phone earlier that week about Ashlyn graduating from her preschool program as well as Cassie having a graduation ceremony for her Associates program. Kayley then thought that we should get a graduation cake for all three to celebrate. I thought it was a great excuse to eat cake!

Then, one morning Rex was so tired that when I went in to wake him up, I was able to take two or three pictures of him sleeping, can you say he was tired!?!

He also now knows when I'm taking pictures so it's cute to see him strike a pose. This is him striking a pose while drinking his bottle.

Then two weeks ago we had a crazy Tuesday as we got some tornadoes coming through. Of course everyone was extra cautious with everything happening only a few days before with Joplin's tornado. So we spent the noon hour or so in the basement during the warnings. Nick even got evacuated to the interior hallway of the hospital for about an hour. The kids were in heaven as they just played downstairs with toys. Rex of course got to preview one of his birthday presents and I think he liked it! It was cute as Kayley kept wondering what the upstairs was going to look like when we went up. She and Cora had both watched some of the footage of everything that had happened in Joplin after their horrible tornado and they were expecting our house to be the same. When I told them it was time to go upstairs, Kayley yells down to me, "Mom it's all the same up here! Oh wait, I need to check my room!" She goes to check it and says, "Yep, it's all here!" Then I found Cora checking the pantry and saying, "Yep, it's all here!" Then she checks the fridge, "Yep, it's all here too!" It was cute to see them react to the tornado, I was just very grateful that everything was there and that we were spared any damage of course!

No comments:
Post a Comment