Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mother's Day

So I just have to say that I know (and hope) that most mothers feel blessed to be a mother and wife, what a great blessing and privilege we have to be intrusted with our children. But I have to say that I just felt very blessed yesterday for Mother's Day. And not only yesterday but all last week. Kayley was so excited about Mother's Day and started talking about it the Sunday before. She came home from church and said they were singing Mother's Day songs and then she came home and started writing out a Mother's Day song on paper for me and put it on the refrigerator. She then went to school later in the week and came home so excited to talk to me about the card she was making me for Mother's Day. She brought the card home on Thursday. Then we went to dinner on Saturday night at Ruby Tuesdays and afterward got in the car to go to the store. Kayley says to Nick that we should go to Walmart, pick out a Mother's Day card for Mommy, sign it and then put it underneath her pillow and she could give it to me in the morning (all while I'm in the car) and he tells her that is a good idea but I just heard her plan. She then says, "oh man!" But she was so insitent that Nick got a card for me. Nick had already secretly gotten me one by the way, she just didn't know it yet. So later that night I put the girls to bed while Nick put Rex to bed. Nick had gone in there to kiss them goodnight and I followed to make sure they went to bed and Kayley tells me, "Mom you will never guess what Dad just told me, but I can't tell you, it's a secret." Then the next morning I got up to give Rex a bottle then started getting ready for church and Kayley (who is usually the hardest one to get up in the morning) comes bolting in to give me my card and a big hug with a "Happy Mother's Day." Then about two seconds later, Cora comes rushing in (all sleepy eyed, but still dying to come in) and wishes me a Happy 'Moders' Day! Then we went to church like normal and came home. Nick made me lunch (and cleaned the kitchen) and I went to change and the girls told me to not come out until they told me to. When they were ready Kayley guided me to the living room where they were so proud of cleaning the living room and kitchen all by themselves. Nick later told me that once they cleaned the living room she came and asked him what else they could clean to make me happy. Then we all got to take a good long nap! Then the rest of the day was spent with the girls giving me lots of hugs and kisses and our usual Sunday walk around the block. Then when I put the girls to bed that night, Kayley says to me, "Mom I wish Mother's Day could be all year!" And their favorite thing to tell me at night now is "Mom I love you thousands!" So altogether I had a really good and relaxing low key Mother's Day! Oh and I also get to go shopping for some new clothes soon! So like I said, I am very blessed to have such great kids that love me so much and a husband that loves and cares for me no matter what. I sure hope that all mothers felt as loved as I did yesterday!

No comments: