Friday, February 18, 2011

The House That Built Me...and more....

So here is what our family has been up to the last month or so...

Cora got her first official haircut. A couple of months ago I tried to do her first haircut myself...didn't get any pictures of that time as I was busy trying to bathe three kids at once and trim her hair, it was probably a good thing as I did a horrible job! So thanks to my friend Jenn who does a great job at cutting hair she looks much better now with a cute short hair haircut. She loved it even though she was really scared to do it at first.
Then we have had all this snow in the last month..tons of snow days, which I'm not going to lie, have been nice! Kayley has liked them too, but I'm sure we'll say differently when our summer gets delayed making them up. Nick got out in the snow with them one night and helped them make a snowman and do some sledding on our makeshift sled/shovel. They had a blast and we even made a little slide from all the snow from the snow plow. They had a blast!
Then we headed for a massive trip filled with lots of fun times! We went first to Sikeston to stay the night with the Sanders. The girls had a blast with them, especially with Caroline and Julia. They also had fun finding out how much Andrew loves Toy Story....they didn't know someone loved it as much as they did till they played with him. Notice Jesse and Woody make it into almost all four of these pictures.
Then Saturday morning one of my best friends Jami came up from Memphis and we met at Bo's for breakfast with her husband so she could meet Rex. It was great catching up and I guess we didn't realize how much our husbands had in common! It was a fun catch up!
Then later in the day we went to go visit Aunt Tootie and Cousin Carrie. We took Einstein with us for this trip so he could meet Liberty and Carrie could see him. I think Einstein probably wished he could have stayed there as he was treated like royalty there! Aunt Tootie and Carrie had not met Rex yet, so it was great to get to see them and as always it was a great visit!
Then we got to go through the house I grew up in, which was very surreal! The people who live there now were good friends with my mom and dad and I used to babysit their kids when I was younger, so we knew them and they were more than willing to let us walk through their house, which I was VERY grateful for! Pretty much everything had changed cosmetically with the house, but it was still great to go through everywhere and put a place with the memories and stories I had told Nick and the girls. Throughout the whole time I felt like singing Miranda Lambert's song, "The House that Built Me." There were so many memories in that house and it was such a blessing to be able to relive all of them with my family now. The next day during church Kayley was drawing pictures of each part of my house and I was surprised at what she remembered. I had a picture of me when I lost my first tooth in front of my fireplace that I gave Kayley to comfort her when she lost her first tooth earlier this year. So I took the girls picture in front of the fireplace for them to have a picture of themselves in front of the same place.
Them together...
Then separate....Kayley wanted her own since she has lost her first tooth and now has a picture like mine.
Then the handprints by the pool. They aren't my handprints as I wasn't born yet or either was too small (don't know when the cement was laid for sure), but they are still there, very faded, but still under the slide. The girls handprints fit perfectly in some of the handprints.
Then we of course stopped by the graveside of Dad, Kathryn, Grandma and Grandpa...but it was freezing outside so I only got video of it and didn't get any pictures.
Then we headed to Farmington for the rest of the weekend to attend baby Lucy's blessing on Sunday. It was great fun to get together with all the family (minus Mary and Jessica and their families, whom we missed greatly!) There was lots of play time with all the cousins!
Playtime with Daddy! Rex just loves Daddy! It's cute because I know the girls loved Nick, but not nearly as much as Rex...he just adores him!
More fun with cousins. We got some of the babies together born this year, minus Emme (who was already asleep and Audryn, who wasn't there). Poor Ruby, Rex could not stop digging in her ears! Andrew below was so excited about his new boots and had to get a picture!
More fun with cousins...it seemed like the front room couch was the target for rough play! Someone was always underneath all the cushions with all the other kids on top...and everyone just loved it!
Then we celebrated Valentine's Day...Rex's first one! The girls woke up to their valentine treat from Daddy, Toy Story chocolates! They were so excited!! Kayley had a blast going to school that day for her Valentine's Day Party and brought home lots of treats and goodies and willingly shared with Cora.
Then we went to Toddler Town with Ashlyn, Preston, & Alexa. The kids had a blast playing with each other and it had been forever since they had seen Ashlyn & Preston too. Rex just loved the blocks, we could barely take him away from it!

No comments: