This pic is actually from last week, but I haven't posted it yet. The girls picked out coordinating shirts and I think they look so grown up in them and they love being able to match one another.
Kayley started school this week. She's going to a preschool that is Mon - Thu for three hours. I have to admit that I've been VERY anxious about her going to school. I never thought I'd be a mom that would worry this much, but there is something about not having your child ever leave your side being at home with them all the time and then have to be ok with having someone else watch them for three straight hours. We went to her meet the teacher night on Monday and her teacher is really nice. She has a brand new building as it just got finished being built, barely in time for school! Cora loved playing with the toys in her class and BEGGED to go to school with her on Wed. She really did miss her as when we got home she wanted to watch home videos. She requested Christmas ones with Kayley in them. After it was over, I told her it was time to take a nap, she wanted Kayley to take a nap with her, but I told her she was at school. So she asked if she could sleep in my bed with me. I asked her if that was why she wanted to watch home videos of Kayley was because she missed her and she said she did miss her. On the flip side, Kayley was so excited to go to school. We asked her the night before if she wanted a Father's blessing and she thought that was silly kind of because she was just so excited. I did however get out of her the next day that she was a bit nervous. But after the first day, she does love her class. She is actually the only girl, but luckily out of only 7 students and two teachers. We'll see how it goes. She came home the first day and said she remembered one boy's name because it was weird...his name was Reid...I think she thought it was "Read".
Then last night we had Kayley's 5th Birthday Party. Luckily the weather was perfect for it. Last year she wanted to have a pool party, but it got rained out. We had so much fun and it was actually one of the least stressful parties we've had I think! The kids had fun swimming...
Playing games....we played pin the pieces on Mr. Potato Head (she had a Toy Story Party)....
The cake turned out much better than I thought it would. I had to flip the top over to the other side after it was already iced once and then re-ice it. Then as I was writing the words...I actually forgot the "h" in birthday. But it tasted good and ended up looking better than I thought! I'm no cake-maker and every birthday I learn to appreciate the talent that some people have to do such amazing cakes!!
And the highlight of the party...Woody arrived! Uncle Andrew willingly dressed up as Woody for Kayley. She was insistent that it was Uncle Andrew and not Woody...but he was pretty convincing with his accent and acting. The other kids really thought he was the real Woody and it was cute to see their reactions. My favorite was when Woody left to go find Bullseye and Jesse and the kids just went to the fence and watched him run off into the distance! Thanks Woody/Uncle Andrew for helping to make such a fun party!! Oh and Kayley refused to take a pic with Woody since it was just Uncle Andrew so Nick had to sneak a pic of Kayley with Woody in the background...but Cora wanted her pic taken with Woody.
Here's a pic with everyone with Woody...they had such fun with him! I can't believe Kayley is already 5 years old. The morning of her birthday I was cuddling with Rex just thinking that 5 years ago that day I was in the hospital holding Kayley as a baby. Time really flies! She is so smart and quick to learn things. She could quote you almost a whole movie or book after only one or two viewings. She loves to read through books. She loves to write all her letters and have her help spell things out on paper. She loves being a big sister. She's good to help Cora with things and to help me with Rex. She's a great student at school and at church, they almost never have to get onto her for not listening or anything. We are so proud of our big girl Kayley.
And as mentioned earlier, Rex is smiling a lot more now and he is so cute when he does it...it's just hard to get a pic of him when you're the one trying to get him smile and take a pic at the same time. I was able to get this cute one of him with Cora this morning.
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun!! Wish I could have been there too! Happy Birthday to Kayley!
Yes, I will agree Reid is a weird name!!! Great job on the cake!
Adorable!! Your kids are such cuties!!
And seeing Andrew as Woody makes me smile! lol...that's awesome that he would do that! What a good Uncle!
that picture of Cora and Rex is adorable, and he is even smiling, how sweet. I can't manage to get a picture of Garrett smiling ever....
Post a Comment