So about noon was when I started pushing. It took a little longer with him to get him out than it did with Cora. My epidural must have sort of worn off too...at least in the birthing area because I could really feel him coming out, which was different than the girls. It was really hard to relax between pushes because it hurt so bad. Then in between the last set of contractions, I felt something and wasn't sure if it was him or not, but didn't want to push until they said for me to. The doctor asked if I felt him coming, which of course I did and within seconds he was here. I did actually have to stop pushing as the cord was wrapped around his neck twice, but Dr. Trout got it off his neck very quickly and all was well thankfully! As the pictures say Rex Nicholas Bell was 7 lbs. 8 oz and 21 in. long (my biggest baby yet.) He came at 12:40pm. They had to try really hard to get him to cry throughout the cleaning process...he just kept making the cutest little baby sounds. Even now he is a pretty calm baby. The only time he cries is when he is hungry, when we're changing his diaper, or when his sisters (mainly Cora) are moving him around too much!
Here's some pictures of when he was first born...
More pics of when he was first born and some pics of him with the proud Daddy. I know some people have made comments to me like, "you finally got your boy!"...like it was some contest or game or something. I have to say that yes, it is a different feeling having a boy, but it is just as special as having our girls. There is just something special about adding a new baby to your family. Although it's already proven to be just as fun to have boys as it is to have girls!!
The girls could not be more excited for their brother to come. Oftentimes when going to doctor's appointments Cora would ask if the doctor was going to take out her baby brother out of my tummy. She has anxiously awaited the day for him to get here. Sadly when they first came to see him, he had to stay under the warmer to get his temperature up. So she had to leave and come back to hold him. She was just as excited then. Still to this day she cannot get enough of him. It's the first thing she asks for when she wakes and the last thing she wants to do before going to bed. Kayley is just as excited. She doesn't want to hold him as much as Cora, but she always is right by him stroking his hair whether I'm nursing or changing him or Daddy's holding him. She calls him "Rexy" all the time. One of her favorite things to do is hold his hand when I'm changing his diaper to help calm him down since that is one thing during which he cries.
Here are some pictures of the day of his homecoming. We started out in the cute striped outfit from the Felkers, but ended up in the cute doggie outfit as he spit up all over the other one...even though he's really not a spitty baby.
Here are some pictures of 4th of July festivities. Our neighborhood has a bike parade every year. We decided the girls could participate this year as they've both mastered riding their bikes pretty well. Cora didn't make it more than 25 feet...but in her defense the route was on a bit of a hill...Kayley on the other hand road like it was nothing! I was for sure that she would complain about having to peddle harder, but she did great! They had popsicles afterward at the pool and a little pot luck lunch. Ashlyn and Preston joined us too and they all had a blast! We also went to the fireworks display at the Visitor's Center in Independence that Saturday night. The girls absolutely HATE fireworks, so Nick let them use his shooting earphones and they still cried. In fact on Sunday evening we tried to go on a walk in the evening. The girls had their headphones on and Rex was in the front pac to cover his ears. We didn't last but 100 ft as the neighbors were shooting off fireworks and each time one would go off, it was a toss up as to who would react the most, the girls would be screaming and Einstein would be cowering like crazy!
More pics of the girls with Rex. He did have jaundice, which is no surprise to us as the girls both had it. So we were given a billi blanket to lower his levels. It was frustrating since it was hard to hold and cuddle with him while he was on the blanket, but luckily it didn't last long. On his appointment on Tuesday of this last week, which was when he was only 6 days old, he had already gotten back up to his birth weight at 7 lbs 8 1/2 oz. I will be anxious to see how much he weighs next week at his 2 week appointment. I've never had a baby gain weight this fast! So he's definitely a good eater!

4 comments:
I thought his name was Rex Andrew? Did I miss something? Cute pics...glad the elmo outfit is being circulated. That was a FAVORITE of the girls...
WOW! Looks like you're gonna be SUPER DUPER busy for a good while! 3 kiddos to keep in balance. Good luck...and when we get to that point, I'll take some advice from super moms like you!!! ha ha
So. so. so cute!!!! Good job there, Colton!!! :)
I am sorry, I have been so busy being out of town I have yet to see this handsome addition to the family...he is soooo cute! Congratulations! Hope things are going great for you and your family!
Post a Comment