Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our Trip to Farmington and St. Louis

This last weekend was very nice and relaxing to say the least, even though it seemed jam packed with fun! It was Nick's 4 day weekend, which we love as it comes every 5 weeks and love the extra time with Daddy at home! So on Friday we got up and headed to St. Louis to the Temple where we met Grandma (Nick's mom). She graciously watch the girls so we could do a session at the Temple. The girls of course loved the time with Grandma, in fact when I called her on our way there to make sure about what time we were meeting, Cora got extremely mad that we weren't seeing Grandma right there at that moment! I sadly didn't get pictures of the girls at the temple, but looking back I should have taken the time to and will try and do that next time. I'm glad though that they do get excited to go to the temple even though they aren't old enough to go in. I look forward to the Kansas City Temple being built soon so they can go through the Open House.

After the temple we headed to the zoo in hopes of catching a few animals. We were short on time, so everyone was great troopers (including us adults) as it had been quite a while with a decent meal. I was glad I packed a lot of snacks, which tided us over. Luckily the girls each had their own animals they wanted to see and they were both in the same area. Cora wanted to see the Lions and Kayley wanted to see the baby Camel. I was just glad no one wanted to see the elephants...they always seem to take forever to get to! Here are some pics of our animal sightings!
More animals, including the baby camel, it's kind of hard to see them all underneath their shedding coats! The baby camels humps were laying flat, which was weird too. I guess that's something that comes as it gets older.
Then after the zoo, we headed to Chilis for some yummy food then headed to the condos in Desoto. Thanks to Grandma being so willing to come and get us in the condos, we got to stay for the weekend. The next morning we said goodbye to Grandma who wanted to head home and then headed to Farmington for the JDRF (Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation) walk. We were amazed at how many people were there. Apparently their goal was to raise $1500 as this was Farmington's first time doing a walk (I think), they actually ended up raising $15,000! We were amazed! We were just glad to be able to be there with family! The Farmington Felkers were there of course and my Mom and Otto also made the trip. It was great to see them as well as all the other Farmington family/friends! I just love this picture of Elizabeth and Kayley (thanks to Stephanie I have more pictures as I had my camera, but didn't get very many taken at all!)
Here are some pics of the girls (Kayley, Mallory, & Cora) playing. My girls loved playing with this hot wheels car...I think Santa or the birthday fairy has her work cut out for her to find one of these! Also some random zoo pics that didn't get in the spot earlier. We also got to go to Lix, the beloved Ice Cream shop that is only in Farmington. I have to say, Nick and I are not fans of Custard at all, but this one was the best custard place ever! It almost took the place of Maggie Moos! Too bad it's only in Farmington...I guess we need to take more trips there now!
Here's some more pics of the kids playing on Saturday. Edward and Stephanie were gracious enough to let our kids play all day with their kids! They loved spending time with their cousins!
Nick got schooled in basketball by Elizabeth...and by me of course!! We had many fun games of Horse and Pig! It brought back memories playing Edward as he and I used to play many games when I was younger...all of the time I would beat him of course!! :)
All in all it was a great weekend seeing lots of family and having lots of fun! We were sad to see it end all too quickly!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you guys all live decently close!! :) So awesome! :) Your girls are just so cute..