Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas in July


Well, we will get to celebrate Christmas twice within the next year. Once in December as normal and we will get a special Christmas in July with the addition of our 3rd child. We are 10 weeks along now. Baby is doing well and thankfully there is only one in there. I was feeling a lot more movement and I've already started to show as early as 10 weeks (which is abnormal for me as even with Cora I didn't start to show until at least 16-18 weeks), so with those symptoms as well as my family history of my brother and sister being fraternal twins and my mom's sisters also being fraternal twins, the doctor decided to do an ultrasound to make sure there was only one. We would have thankfully accepted having twins, but I'm a bit relieved!! :) When I told my mom I was pregnant and thinking it was twins, she just laughed! Then when I told her it was only one, she was like, "well, somebody has to have them!" So, Mary or Sarah, I think it's up to you guys!! :) Baby was measuring right on schedule and everything looks good. I'm still feeling quite a bit of nausea and I hope that goes away soon. I'm feeling a lot more tired with this one than any of the other two, but I guess part of that has to do with the fact that I'm also chasing around 2 instead of 1 or none this time.
Last weekend was when Randy and Marchelle were in town for their Christmas weekend so all the Bell siblings were in town as well. So we decided to tell his family that weekend. What was also funny was that we told the girls in the car on the way to Michelle and Kendall's house, as that was the only time that weekend we had alone with the girls to let them know before we told the rest of Nick's family in person, Kayley responded, "I know there's a baby, Cora already told me in a bedtime story one night." Then they went back and forth on if they wanted a boy or a girl, they have both settled on wanting a baby sister. Then as soon as we got to Michelle's house Kayley told Ashlyn her mommy has a baby in her belly and Ashlyn immediately said, "No, my mommy has a baby in her tummy!" They got into a small argument about who's Mommy had a baby in their tummy. It was cute, but I had to hush Kayley as we still hadn't made the big announcement to everyone, but all went well.
We are excited and anxiously, but patiently awaiting July 9th. The fun part is my cousin who's birthday is one day before mine is due the same day with their first one. That would be really cool if both of them were born on the same day. I would even take it early on Grandpa Sargent's birthday, July 3rd! :) Too bad they don't live by us!! So Olivia and Nathan I think you need to start heading towards Missouri before July 9th so our kids can be best friends!! :)

10 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Congrats!! So exciting. And I am relieved FOR you that its only one! :) Big hugs!

Amy Woods-Polander said...

Congrats we are expecting too due July 5th! I havent announced it yet I was gonna wait till I was thru my first trimester..So your the first to know :)

Lisa R said...

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for your family! Another adorable baby, Congrats!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats.

Shannon said...

Wonderful!!! Congratulations! What exciting news! It seems to be in the water right now, everyone I know is havinga baby! I am a bit behind on your blog, the last 2 posts are so cute-cute pics!

Jennifer said...

Congrats Colton!!! That's so exciting!! We're close in weeks along! Yay :)

Miss L said...

Wow!!! That is wonderful news. :) Congratulations!!! (and I have to say, July 7 is a lovely day to have a baby...just sayin') :) Hope that pesky nausea goes away asap.

Evan and Jamie said...

Congratulations!! It must be the 3rd baby, because I showed way early and they also checked for twins!! haha--only one here too!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Miss you--adorable fam!! Merry Christmas!

Sheri said...

Congratulations! That's so fun! We are due with our third in July as well. July 17! Hooray for babies. My kids think this new one is a girl also.

Jared said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! Although... don't be so sure about there only being one until you're 20 weeks. My friend only saw one at her first ultrasound and when she went back for her 20 week, there were two... she now has beautiful twins, a boy and a girl! :) Good luck! -Ann