Ok...my real masterpieces are our girls, but this was quite the project. Nick and I have been wanting to replace our linoleum in our basement entry way for quite some time. We looked into doing ceramic tile, but with the cost of the tile cutter and other tile supplies, it was worth it to do peel and stick tile that could be grouted like real tile. Well a couple weeks ago, we went to look at the selection at Lowe's and were blessed to get the exact flooring we wanted color and everything for half price as they were clearing it out! We were way excited, well I was more excited than Nick...I was just like a school girl! Then to top it off I did the math and it was exactly the amount I had figured in what we would need! Anyway, I decided to take on the project as my family is coming into town this weekend and I wanted to show it off. What a project! I ran into having to chisel away at the baseboards to make it fit, which Nick helped me with. Then after 2-3 days of working on it...it's done...well other than putting the baseboards back on, but the caulking is still drying on some parts. Anyway, I have to say that I drool over it everytime I walk by it and I'm so glad that we (I mean I) did it! I didn't have an actual before picture but I did have a picture of when we were trying to decide what pattern to use so you could see what was underneath. Only with the tile on it you can't see the gashes that were in the floor that needed to be replaced, hence why we did this! Oh...and did I mention that I did this all by myself, except for Nick helping me shave off the baseboards!


8 comments:
You go girl!! That looks awesome! You coming to my house next? ;) hehe.
WOWZERS, girl! It looks great! What a project...I've always wanted to attempt something like that. Now I know who to call for advice! I'll let you know when I need your assitance (or maybe you could do it ALL BY YOURSELF for me.....)
:)
It looks GREAT!!!! You should be proud of yourself because...it LOOKS GREAT! :)
Very nice! It looks great.
It is a better world with us do-it-yourselfers!! Good Job!
Sounds like you don't even need Nick around after all!! Just kidding! That is awesome that you took matters into your own hands and I am sure Nick appreciates this project being scratched off his honeydew list!
You rock! That looks awesome. You go, girl!
Wow! It looks so good! And even better to get such a deal on the materials!
Post a Comment