Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dates and more Dates

Nick went with Kayley to this Parents as Teachers Daddy/Daughter Valentine's Day Party. She was absolutely excited about going to it as we told her it was just going to be her and Daddy. She requested to ride in his truck with him and to wear her Sleeping Beauty Princess Dress. They had a blast! They came home with this cute magnet (or maggot as Kayley still calls it!) to be put on my fridge. I'm so glad that I'm blessed with such a sweet husband who is loving and kind to me and will do anything for his girls. It just made for such a special night for Kayley..she is anxiously waiting her next Daddy/Daughter date! Oh...and to make things extra special for Kayley, her song played on the radio on the way to their date. Her song is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift b/c it says "You be the prince and I'll be the princess." She always asks for me to look for her "Prince and Princess" song...you can listen to it below on our playlist if you haven't heard it before.

Then, we had a great Valentine's Day as I'm hoping everyone else did too! We decided to make it low key in order to save money. So to start it off, Nick came home on Friday after work and surprised me with my favorite snack, Jalepeno Cheddar Bites from Captain D's...with Ranch, they are to die for! :) I was excited and devoured them very quickly! Then, Nick's treat was for me to make him Cashew Chicken on Sunday (his favorite meal of all time), which we all enjoyed yesterday! Then we decided to do something different than what we do all the time. We like to go out to eat, but we very rarely go out to eat for Pizza at a Pizza Restaurant. Well, Saturday started and we went out on our normal errands. We got hungry, but didn't want to go out to eat for dinner yet, b/c it was too early, so we stopped at Sam's to get a snack and ended up getting pizza...so that pizza idea was shot. We decided instead to go to El Maguey's. It was still out of the ordinary as Nick is not a big fan of Mexican and we hadn't eaten at this one in Blue Springs yet. So we went and it was a success for everyone...even Nick! We also had a coupon, which made things even better! I love getting a bargain! It was a great Valentine's Day, but the best part was that I got to spend it with my very favorite 3 people in the world, Nick, Kayley, & Cora!

4 comments:

Nik said...

I'll have to get your cashew chicken recipe from you- I've never even attempted it! I'm truly impressed. Nick is such a sweet daddy and I'm glad he had a good night with one of his princesses! They are getting soo big!

Jamison Family said...

Do you make the "Springfield Style" Cashew Chicken?

Colton Anne said...

The Springfield Style is the ONLY way to make it to make it taste good...anyone from that area would know that!! :) I'll have to post the recipe for those curious!

John n Shannon said...

I'm glad you made Nick go on that date! It seems like it meant the world to Kayley. Just wait til a "Daddy Daughter Dance" comes into the picture!! This gives him good practice in the meantime.