Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

We got to carve pumpkins a week ago with the Carle Family for Family Home Evening and the kids had a blast! Kayley actually got more into carving pumpkins this year than she did last year. Last year she wouldn't even touch the pumpkin at all. This year as you can see from the pictures, she actually did help a bit even though she still was a bit squimish on touching the pumpkin and it's innards!! :) We toasted the pumpkin seeds and everyone enjoyed them until the next morning. Kayley came to me in the middle of the night and told me she needed a drink and that her tummy hurt. She had such a hard time going to sleep earlier because she had so much fun with her cousins that I thought she was pulling my leg and just didn't want to sleep. Well, needless to say the next morning she woke up and had been sleeping in her throw-up. I felt AWFUL! I've learned to start listening to her more as I'm realizing that she is old enough to start understanding her body and what it is telling her. Anyway, luckily that was all the throw-ups we had to deal with that day as we only had the throw-ups about a month ago. Now I know that next year...no pumpkin seeds for Kayley! All in all it was a fun time carving pumpkins and we love that the Carle's live so close to do these kind of things together with them!!

No comments: