Well, you guessed it if you read Michelle's blog at all...we got the flu bug as well in our house this last week from Ashlyn...don't worry, we still love you Ashlyn!! It was a very long and boring, but exciting week. Boring b/c we didn't go anywhere for a whole week and exciting b/c it was always a guess as to who was to be sick next!Without giving you too many disgusting details...Cora was the first that got hit. On Tuesday night about 11pm she started throwing up and then 4 times after that within the following hour. Then it was every hour on the hour from about midnight until 5am...which is when I started to throw up, but luckily only once more again at 6:30ish. But, the day wasn't that much better as we didn't feel very good all day. Luckily neither Cora nor I threw up the rest of the day. Then on Thursday as Cora and I were finally feeling up to par on our appetites and strength, Kayley starts throwing up. She came to me in the night and said her tummy hurt and she needed a drink, then she said her tummy hurt and she needed to go potty..so I thought here it comes but nothing. So she went to bed and I put the bucket by her bed and told her to try and throw up in the bucket if she needed to and then come get me. Well, she came and got me at about 1:30am and said "Mommy, I already throwed up." So, there we were with throw up all in her hair and on her bed. So I made a pallet next to our bed and she went to sleep while I went to work on the laundry and get her bed cleaned up. Not 5 minutes after I hit the pillow I heard someone in the bathroom and we were at it again, only luckily this time in the toilet. Then that day she woke up and only had one more incident. However throughout the day you wouldn't think she was too sick and she played like normal and wanted to eat like normal. I had to really limit what and how much she ate so we wouldn't have a relapse.
And to top it all off...you're probably wondering where Nick is in this picture. Well, of all weeks for us to get sick, he had to work as their were TWO people on vacation that week (which has NOT ever happened the 2 years he's worked there)...then on top of that, he was also on call once he did get home for the day...and his on call involves actually going in to the hospital for about an hour at a time for a callback. So, our biggest feat was to try and spare Nick from getting sick. Well, he was lucky and did not happen to get sick although there were a couple of times where he felt like he was. But, he was still good at helping me when he was home, even so much that one day he went to Walmart for me to get "sick" supplies instead of taking a shower before work...isn't he so sweet!?! So, needless to say, we are better now and feeling a lot better and glad to not be sick anymore.
These are pictures from when the girls were sick, but I couldn't tell that they looked sick at all. I guess they are always gracefully sick.
1 comment:
Ugh!!! I'm so sorry everyone (but Nick, of course) got sick! I hope you all have recovered and are feeling much much better! :)
Post a Comment