Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Aunt Tootie!

We just wanted to wish a special Happy Birthday to our Great Aunt Tootie and the girls' Great-Great Aunt Tootie (Tootie is her nickname and Ruby is her real name...but she goes by Tootie to us!) Her birthday was yesterday and she turned 90 years old! I remember when I was younger and I was so privileged to stay the week with her while her daughter Carrie (pictured above) was gone out of town. At first I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be fun, I believe I was about 12 and I didn't know if we would have stuff to talk about or anything like that. Boy was I mistaken! I had a blast and I became so close to her. I remember she would make me breakfast in the morning before school and then have a snack ready for me when I came home from school and we would talk about my day. I don't even think we turned on the tv but maybe once while I was there. We just sat and talked about anything and everything! I had the best time and loved every minute of it. I was so glad that I got to spend that special time with her! We love her lots and lots and hope she had a great birthday yesterday! We did talk to her yesterday and she was enjoying her day and loving life and the great memories she has had! She is an amazing woman! We love you Aunt Tootie! :)

No comments: