On the 8th of August, we had a special day...not only was it 08/08/08, but it was also our 5th year wedding anniversary! We had a fun day! We were lucky to celebrate throughout the whole day.First we headed to Columbia to go to the 63 diner where we had our very first date only to find that it was closed...evidentally it got foreclosed on? So, instead we went to McDonald's...I know how romantic...but we had coupons for free chicken sandwiches and for those of you who know us real well, this is our way to celebrate...Cheap!! :) Then we went to the Stake Center to help set up for Nick's brother, Quentin's reception, who was getting married the next day. The set up went really quick evidentally since when we got there, it was finished...sorry about that! So, we then we visited some dear friends in Columbia and then headed to St. Louis to the Temple. Since Quentin and Natalie were getting married the next day, we were able to go through the Temple that night and see Natalie receive her Endowment. It was a great session and it was great to see everyone there. Then we headed to the La Quinta for a hotel stay for the night…another way to celebrate! J I get excited to stay in hotels. Then the next day we went to the Temple again for Quentin and Natalie’s wedding, which was very lovely and hot…but we endured!! After that it was onto Columbia again for the reception that night. It’s so fun to get together and see friends and have a reason to celebrate! Then, after the reception, we headed to Branson, Mo for our vacation pulling in at a mere 1:55 am when the cut-off to check in was 2 am! Then we stayed in Branson for a week and had a great time…more to blog about that later!
But we had a great 5th wedding anniversary and it is hard to believe that we have been married this long! It’s been a good 5 years. As I mentioned earlier, it was great to go to the Temple for our anniversary as it brought back memories from when we got married. One distinct memory that I hope to never forget was the day of the wedding. I had stayed the night in St. Louis with my Mom, my sister, Mary and Sarah (my best friend at the time, but now my sister-in-law!) I hadn’t seen Nick for a few days before we got married. I don’t remember being too nervous, just excited as it was a big day and a big event. However, when that morning came, the nerves came on a little. I remember when I arrived at the Temple, the first person I saw was Nick and I ran to give him a hug and the most calm, peaceful feeling came over me in an instant. I knew as I had known before that we were doing the right thing. I’m so blessed to be married to him. He really does complete me (I know that sounds cheesy, but it’s true.) We are so compatible with each other. We rarely argue and when we do, it’s over shortly as we both hate to be mad at each other. We can read each other like books now. I can only imagine how much better it will be 5, 10, 50 years from now! I love him very much and am so grateful to have him in my life!
2 comments:
Happy (belated) Anniversary!!
I LOVE that you posted your wedding pictures...I've never seen them. What a cuuuuute couple!!
I remember when you guys were first dating and you were asking me what I thought of him. We were at Lamberts and we were with your friend from high school I believe.
Post a Comment