Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 2007 Events

For the sake of journaling for my family's history, I will be doing posts for each month of the year with all the events we did that month. Here is Novembers' events:


At the beginning we went to Silver Dollar City. Again I had a blast riding the adult rides as I had to sit out on all of them while I was pregnant with Cora. Cora is not big enough to ride the little kid rides yet being only, but Kayley had a blast and we had a blast riding with her. Her favorite was the frogs...they really jump quite high for a kid's ride! Kayley and Ashlyn of course also had tons of fun playing at Grandma's house in her wagon outside.

My girls continue to grow...FAST...as most kids do! Cora is now 3 months old and Kayley is 2 years old and 3 months...err whatever you want to call that age!! :) Cora is pretty much sitting up almost all by herself with small assistance from the couch and the bumbo. Kayley loves to sit with her. She also likes to remind us that she is still our baby by dressing herself in Cora's clothes (bottom left). We've also been working on rebuilding a car for Quentin as he will be returning from his mission in December. Here's Kayley enjoying the view from the doorless passenger side of his new Honda Civic!
Also in November we got a surprise visit from some cousins. Nick's Aunt Wilma came from Ohio and brought Roreigh (Jake's daughter) who is only one week younger than Kayley. Nick's other Aunt Nomi from Kansas came with Nickolette who loves to play with Kayley and Ashlyn and now Cora and of course Roreigh during the visit. She is really great with all the girls! And of course the little girls adore Nickolette!! We all went to Legends to eat/shop, etc. Cabella's is located there where Nomi and Wilma love to get fudge and Nebraska Furniture Mart is also there where we got a new couch for a great deal! We all ate at Famous Dave's for dinner and had a blast! It sure is great to have cousins and extended cousins!

November also was Cora's first Thanksgiving! JT was currently living with us while Jess was back in Pittsburgh trying to get their house sold, so the Carles came to our house for the holidays to spend Thanksgiving. Andrew and Sarah came over from Columbia as well as Tyson and Mary. I believe Mary and Tyson were getting close to engagement, but can't remember for sure. It was the first time he had met any of the Carles as we knew him from living in Columbia earlier. It was a fun day as we (Jess and I...but mainly Jess) did the Turkey. It was my first Turkey and I think it turned out pretty good. Then we had the usuals of a Felker Thanksgiving...which always has the famous Cheese Grits...yum!! It was fun to have all the cousins together to play with one another!
I promised Nick this year that I wouldn't put up the Christmas tree until after Thanksgiving, although I desperately wanted it up for everyone to see it up during Thanksgiving (not that it's much to look at only being 7 ft high)...but it's also our first thanksgiving in this house so I was excited to have a house to decorate for the holidays! So Kayley was my big helper and loved every minute of it. I had to make sure that the non-breakable ornaments were at reaching level for her and the breakable ones were up high as they were very intriguing for her, but she was a great help and it turned out great! Cora just sat and watched with amazement while we decorated and next year she will probably enjoy it more!

No comments: